Drug War in Mexico

Gotholic

That's a pretty biased site. I've seen estimates of our current fencing plans higher than 8 billion and that's not talking about anything close to what you're talking about.

"Let Freedom Ring" is a non-profit, grassroots public-policy organization. Our mission is to promote "Constitutional Government, Economic Freedom and Traditional Values." We sometimes say that Let Freedom Ring operates "at the intersection of faith and politics." As a 501 (c)(4) non-profit corporation, donations to Let Freedom Ring, Inc., are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions.

How are they biased? Did you check out the rest of their site? I like their solution.

Winky

bish?

*_*
It’s illegal to hire an illegal
It’s illegal to cross illegally into the United States
It’s illegal to be in this country illegally
It’s illegal to steal someone’s identity, use their SSN
and hold a job in this country.
It’s illegal to drive without a driver’s license
(unless of course you are an illegal)
It’s illegal to drive without auto insurance in Arizona
(unless of course you are an illegal)

Then when we passed AZ Bill 1070 to try to enforce
just some of these laws

We became the illegals.

valkyrie

Exactly, if we went after the employers hard they would have to stop hiring illegals. If there were no jobs for illegals there wouldn't be much motivation to come here.

Construction, meat processing, and agriculture are probably some of the biggest offenders.

Obviously the price of meat, produce, and construction would go way up and a lot of people aren't going to like that.
OK, so we put up an expensive fence at tax payer's expense. Then what? Are you going to go work as a chicken plucker? Are you going to go pick citrus fruit? I'm not! But we still need people to do those jobs and Americans don't want to do these jobs.

Prosecute the businesses that lure and encourage the Mexicans to break our laws to begin with and you will see a drop in fliers and posted bills in Mexico promising jobs to the illegals. Break that cycle.

If we enforce the rules that are already federal law then these businesses are going to lobby for a Temporary Worker Visa Program, and it will come to pass.

Chrissakes, Bish... was hoping no one would find that shit! Goddammit! Bush probably got those ideas from someone else and spun them up as his own ideas anyway.

spike

immigration_blame2.png

Gotholic

OK, so we put up an expensive fence at tax payer's expense. Then what? Are you going to go work as a chicken plucker? Are you going to go pick citrus fruit? I'm not! But we still need people to do those jobs and Americans don't want to do these jobs.

Prosecute the businesses that lure and encourage the Mexicans to break our laws to begin with and you will see a drop in fliers and posted bills in Mexico promising jobs to the illegals. Break that cycle.

If we enforce the rules that are already federal law then these businesses are going to lobby for a Temporary Worker Visa Program, and it will come to pass.

The reason why there is such a mass influx of illegal immigrants is because of the all the red tape people would have to go through in order to get here legally. It should not take years for them to come. However, even if it was easy to come here legally, it is still easy to come here illegally. As a national security measure, a fence needs to be put up like the one Israel uses as I have mentioned. Prosecuting businesses that hire legals would be a good measure but hard thing to do. I defiantly do not want to have a national I.D. card that has been proposed to implement enforcement. First, the access needs to be cut off, then deal with those already inside.

spike

Deal with the motivation for coming here first. The jobs.

Go after employers that employ illegals. As long as there's people willing to employ them that don't fear much penalty they'll being coming for those jobs.

Gotholic

Go after employers that employ illegals. As long as there's people willing to employ them that don't fear much penalty they'll being coming for those jobs.

The stem of the problem is lack of a good life in their own country. It is very hard or likely impossible to stop those who hire illegals, especially when they are paid under the table.

spike

The stem of the problem is lack of a good life in their own country.

Well that's certainly true. We don't have much control over that at all.

It is very hard or likely impossible to stop those who hire illegals, especially when they are paid under the table.

I don't think it would be that hard. We come down on criminals that aren't leaving much of a paper trail all the time.

valkyrie

The reason why there is such a mass influx of illegal immigrants is because of the all the red tape people would have to go through in order to get here legally. It should not take years for them to come. However, even if it was easy to come here legally, it is still easy to come here illegally. As a national security measure, a fence needs to be put up like the one Israel uses as I have mentioned. Prosecuting businesses that hire legals would be a good measure but hard thing to do. I defiantly do not want to have a national I.D. card that has been proposed to implement enforcement. First, the access needs to be cut off, then deal with those already inside.
Whoa! I said this somewhere already about the red tape and length of time to get to the US to work legally! :eek: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
*/puts on tin foil hat
HA! yeah! try to steal my thoughts now, MF'er!

(see below response to both you and Goth.)
The stem of the problem is lack of a good life in their own country. It is very hard or likely impossible to stop those who hire illegals, especially when they are paid under the table.
(see below response to both you and Spike.)
Well that's certainly true. We don't have much control over that at all.
I don't think it would be that hard. We come down on criminals that aren't leaving much of a paper trail all the time.
Although it's true we don't have control over what happens in Mexico, they are their own sovereign country, there are things we can do without the assistance or support from Mexico's government.

Goth is right about the people working under the table, but many companies provide fake or stolen ID's for Mexican workers to work without getting caught. Up the prosecution rate and up the penalty and you will see companies thinking twice about hiring without those visas/papers. There is never going to be a proper answer to those that work under the table in sketchy jobs that are for say, a single day or a week. These employers are going to always be harder to catch. But the Mexican's would rather work without running for cover like cockroaches from immigration. They'd take the legit route over the illegitimate route any day of the week. It just isn't offered in the sense of practicality.

If there is still an influx of illegals after such measures then put up the fence. But why not try the most obvious fixes first?

ResearchMonkey

Build a big fence and use Social Security numbers to verify citizenship. Can't the Feds check to see if SSN are being used in TWO different states? Seems like they could use a computer or something.

Mexico needs to get its own shit together.

MrBishop

yeah because everybody knows there are no U.S. workers.
All we do is sit around on the couch and watch tv eatin' 'tater chips.
:drink2:

If there are so many people around willing to do the crap jobs that the 'illegals' do for the money the 'illegals' are willing to work for, then there wouldn't be any illegals around hustling for the work and maybe your unemployment rate wouldn't be so damned high.

Plenty of crops needs picking, roofing, tiling work etc.. to go around.