Empty holster student protest this week

spike

You must enter one of these doors.

Which one do you choose?

What if there's a 3rd door where nobody is armed. A big riot breaks out in each room over a sports rivalry, someone just got cheating on their partner, and a large sum of money is missing. Chairs are being thrown.

I'll take door 3.

Kruz

Violence come in many forms. Not all violence deserves a response with the threat of deadly force.

The threat of deadly force is a serious thing. You go to a class and learn when, and when you can not, display a weapon and threaten to use, or actually use, deadly force. Brandishing a firearm can have serious consequences if one does not consider all aspects of the situation. People with CCWs go through a far more rigorous background check that when a person merely goes in to purchase a firearm.

Very true statements, and ccw holders probably know more about the laws of their states than non holders.
also contrary to Hollywood's believe, we are not Sylvester Stallone, Clint Eastwood, or Bruce Willis... :laugh:

freako104

Very true statements, and ccw holders probably know more about the laws of their states than non holders.
also contrary to Hollywood's believe, we are not Sylvester Stallone, Clint Eastwood, or Bruce Willis... :laugh:

Well if you aren't uber badass like them why are you carrying? :p

freako104

Because I'm just an average American who will do everything in my power to protect my family and my self from harm.

I was actually making a joke when I posted that. The only reasons I can see law abiding citizens carry is for protection or hunting

Kruz

I was actually making a joke when I posted that. The only reasons I can see law abiding citizens carry is for protection or hunting

I know you were..:p

to get somewhat back on topic,

Teacher fights to take gun to class

By Teresa Carson

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - An Oregon high school teacher on Tuesday sued for her right to bring a gun into the classroom for personal protection, clashing with anti-gun advocates fighting for years to rid U.S. schools of weapons.

The teacher, who has a legal permit to carry a concealed handgun, filed a lawsuit against the Medford school district in southwestern Oregon to overturn the district's rule that prohibits teachers from bringing a weapon onto school grounds.

The standoff between the teacher and the school district has grabbed the attention of both sides of the national gun debate.

After a student shot dead 32 people at Virginia Tech University in April, some pro-gun advocates have argued that teachers and perhaps students should be armed to prevent such tragedies in the future.

"The right to protect yourself is natural, God-given and should not be taken away," said Kevin Starrett, executive director of the Oregon Firearms Federation, which is paying for the teacher's legal bills.

"State law unequivocally allows her to do this," he said.

School safety became a national issue after the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Colorado in which two students killed 13 people. Anti-gun advocates used the tragedy as an example of the need for tighter gun controls.

The teacher's identity is being concealed to protect her from an abusive ex-husband who has made threats against her and her two children. She said the school district cannot adequately protect her.

sorce.... http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSHAR95354620070919

jimpeel

I imagine there are schools with both more and less violence. Where's these numbers you're looking at?

Can you say "Average"? A-ver-age.

Does one need numbers when one does not hear anything different from any sources who we all know would be screaming it from the highest mountaintops?

If you truly need real numbers to satisfy your curiosity, go HERE and HERE.

Those numbers are driven by THIS ACT.

jimpeel

What if there's a 3rd door where nobody is armed. A big riot breaks out in each room over a sports rivalry, someone just got cheating on their partner, and a large sum of money is missing. Chairs are being thrown.

I'll take door 3.

There is no door number three. There are only two. You had to make up a door number three to skirt the decision and avoid having to make a choice. You have to choose door number one or door number two. THERE IS NO DOOR NUMBER THREE.

If there were:

Door number three Idi Amin style.

One-hundred people are herded into a closed room and each is issued a sledgehammer. They are then told that whoever is the last survivor will be set free. For your continued comfort, there are no firearms in this room.

Let the games begin.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I seem to remember some nutcase waving around a katana (samurai sword to the uninitiated) a few years back. Can't remember if the police shot him or not, though...