End of an era

freako104

greenfreak said:
:confuse3: I don't see anywhere Unc said that. Besides, why should we leave it at that? Like Unc and other old JJR512 members, I don't want to see all the old stuff get deleted and it doesn't sound like you do either.

I know all the ways this can get done, it's already been discussed in length. We don't need time as much as we need Justin's cooperation to save it. The more time goes one, the more likely everything gets deleted and that's the "end of an era" as Inky put it. That's what I was inquiring about.

It's a damn shame, it is. :(

read the last page in teh lobby for get to know your nieghbours thread. and no i do not want it deleted. sam glad your offer I hope he gives the ok

greenfreak

freako104 said:
read the last page in teh lobby for get to know your nieghbours thread.

Unc said:
It was a quote I made about Justintime a week or so ago when someone asked where he went.

You didn't specify which Justin you were asking about. Unc assumed (just as I did) that you were talking about Justintime and probably didn't want to open old wounds.

Just a misunderstanding, is all. :)

Inkara1

Well, I guess I missed the one-year anniversary by two days.

It's probably safe to say the database is long-gone by now.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
yea i never heard back from him. It would have been nice to have had it. there was a lot of great stuff there.

greenfreak

Holy Crap. Thumbs up to Justin.

I'm not a member of Thread Wonders but as an old member of JJR512, does my vote count? If so, I cast it for:

Put a closed (no new posts) version of JJR512.com up on the Thread Wonders website.
I think what we've all been wanting is to see the old posts/threads, not necessarily bring the board back from the dead for a new community. Between here, Thread Wonders, Xibase and HWC, most of us are around somewhere.

I have a question though. What happens to the contents of the Moderator's Hideout? If it's restored, I think only those who were moderators should have access to it. I don't recall anything specific but know that there was some "sensitive" information in there.

JJR512

Unclehobart's statement above (that the database had been saved) made me realize I left out pertinent detail in the poll thread at Thread Wonders: The database that I have is not the full, final database. What I have is from early April 2003. So, the last few months are missing. I don't know if anyone recalls, but I wasn't able to be online much during its last few months (or else I would have had a more recent backup). So, I don't know this from my own experience, but I've been told that the last few months of JJR512.com weren't very active, and that aparently not that much is really missing. I have contacted Liquidweb (a long while ago) and they in fact do not have anything remaining. Some other people have some backups, too, but from what I can determine, my early April backup is the most recent one in existence.

And, for what it's worth, I apologize to all concerned that I sat on my big fat ass for so long without doing a damned thing about it.