End of an era

alex

samcurry said:
because i would need the license transfered to me to keep it as is and open.

He told me he was running an illegal copy of vb.....but maybe he only said that cause I was offering to help out financially.

alex

btw - I submitted my resignation in MH at JJR512......whoever takes it over, I expect it to be honored.

catocom

alex said:
He told me he was running an illegal copy of vb.....but maybe he only said that cause I was offering to help out financially.

could be he was just saying that. :confused:
He told me he bought it, a $160 worth, with some of the moneys I sent him.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
catocom said:
could be he was just saying that. :confused:
He told me he bought it, a $160 worth, with some of the moneys I sent him.
wow...i hope that he was just sayin it to sam...cause vice versa wouldn't be too cool :alienhuh:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
So has JJR decided anything? If he doesnt want me to host it and has chose someone already, all i ask is just let us know. There is a bunch of members that would like to know where it ends up so they can either post or read it still.

a13antichrist

As shocking as this may be to some, I too would be most interested to have the database recovered and stored in archive form somewhere accessible.
Let's say.. for entertainment value. :)

greenfreak

Whatever happened with this? Site's still not available and I see that Justin was here last on 11/2, so he must have seen all of this. I guess he's letting the site die?

samcurry

Staff member
he did see this and responded. then I sent him an another email that he hasnt responded to. dont know what his intentions are now. but LW is gonna delete the DB soon. then it will be too late.

freako104

greenfreak said:
Whatever happened with this? Site's still not available and I see that Justin was here last on 11/2, so he must have seen all of this. I guess he's letting the site die?

to quote unclehobart: he has retired and well leave it at that.

unclehobart

It doesn't mean we shouldn't have the archive to pick throuh and isolate the gems from. I had 15,000+ posts on that site. I'm pretty sure at least 10 of them were worth saving.

freako104

if we can contact justin and ask him it maybe doable. if we can find someone with enough badwith to run it

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
freako, that is what this thread has been about (or maybe it was another one...i think it was this one but I am not goign back through it again). Sammy baby was contacting him...and is now waiting to hear back again...

freako104

i already went thru it. it was this one but i added it cause noone has really said much about it other than where we cant. if we can get a site(maybe also a vbulletin) but it will take sometime.

greenfreak

freako104 said:
to quote unclehobart: he has retired and well leave it at that.

:confuse3: I don't see anywhere Unc said that. Besides, why should we leave it at that? Like Unc and other old JJR512 members, I don't want to see all the old stuff get deleted and it doesn't sound like you do either.

I know all the ways this can get done, it's already been discussed in length. We don't need time as much as we need Justin's cooperation to save it. The more time goes one, the more likely everything gets deleted and that's the "end of an era" as Inky put it. That's what I was inquiring about.

It's a damn shame, it is. :(

samcurry

Staff member
freak i have offered to take over jjr's and host it on the same server we are on. all he has to do is give the ok.

unclehobart

greenfreak said:
:confuse3: I don't see anywhere Unc said that. Besides, why should we leave it at that? Like Unc and other old JJR512 members, I don't want to see all the old stuff get deleted and it doesn't sound like you do either.

I know all the ways this can get done, it's already been discussed in length. We don't need time as much as we need Justin's cooperation to save it. The more time goes one, the more likely everything gets deleted and that's the "end of an era" as Inky put it. That's what I was inquiring about.

It's a damn shame, it is. :(
It was a quote I made about Justintime a week or so ago when someone asked where he went.