End of an era

Leslie said:
nope :D

I just laughed :lol2:

I chose that username for a purpose. It says something about how I was with xibase from the very beginning and always stood by it when it needed my help. It also ment that I did everything that I could to help the site including when I agreed that fury would make a great admin. Including when I asked Sam to make Gonz a mod. Including when I asked fury and Sam to make Justintime a mod. Including when I told everyone that Leslie would make a good mod and cast the deciding vote to make her one. I also had something to do with Luis getting in. Yeah, old hag.

I never had to beg to post a JJR's site before. He always said I was more than welcome.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Old Hag said:
I chose that username for a purpose. It says something about how I was with xibase from the very beginning and always stood by it when it needed my help. It also ment that I did everything that I could to help the site including when I agreed that fury would make a great admin. Including when I asked Sam to make Gonz a mod. Including when I asked fury and Sam to make Justintime a mod. Including when I told everyone that Leslie would make a good mod and cast the deciding vote to make her one. I also had something to do with Luis getting in. Yeah, old hag.

I never had to beg to post a JJR's site before. He always said I was more than welcome.

just....

:tardbang:

AlladinSane

I find it amazing that you are even considering this maneuver. Nothing to resemble the lack of respect we had when HWC decided to delete the whole OT forum without warning... And look we're talking about a whole diferent site here.
I would like to add just that IF and only IF you're going to merge it, do it with Xi. The two sites started together and had a history in common. Not to mention usernames were the same in most cases...

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
AlladinSane said:
I find it amazing that you are even considering this maneuver. Nothing to resemble the lack of respect we had when HWC decided to delete the whole OT forum without warning... And look we're talking about a whole diferent site here.
I would like to add just that IF and only IF you're going to merge it, do it with Xi. The two sites started together and had a history in common. Not to mention usernames were the same in most cases...

noite, im tired today, but do you mean your surprised that i would offer to help out a commmunity that is possibly going to be lost otherwise? Alot of us have a history(sorted as it may have been at times) that we would like to see preserved. My motives are simple. To keep alive in some form 3 years of our internet life. Its sad to see all that history die. Alot of jjr's members already post here and it makes sense if he is going to leave it closed and be deleted.
I am not planning to merge jjr with any site. it would/should remain its own entity. I did the same with another semi recent acquisition. The only common thread between all the sites i have is that they are controlled thru the same account and reside on the same server. As for wether or not it would remain open for posting would totally depend upons JJR's decisions. because i would need the license transfered to me to keep it as is and open. plus the domain would have to be transfered so we could redirect it to the new server. there are alot of behind the scenes that would have to be taken care of BUT i dont mind doing it for the cause. The mods and admin would stay intact. I would have to add myself and dennis as admin so that we would be able to maintain that software but other than that it would run just as it has for the last 6 months or so.

samcurry

Staff member
Old Friend said:

ok you made you plea. NOW as you stated you did alot to circumvent the ban here. JUST because i made an offer aboot jjrs site doenst null and void anything that happens here or xibase. You are still banned SO please if you dont want the harrassment dont post. Like i stated earlier i do not plan to change the site from how it was 2 days ago witch means you would not be banned. But if thegeneral consensus is to just have it as read only then that is how it would be.

I did not change your name, but i did change it back. And i also rebanned you. Quit circumventing the ban, it servers no purpose and only makes you look bad...

samcurry

Staff member
bish,
i know ashr was here last night, but i havent heard anything as of yet.

AlladinSane

samcurry said:
noite, im tired today, but do you mean your surprised that i would offer to help out a commmunity that is possibly going to be lost otherwise?
Yes I am surprising and made a comparision between the facts that make the spirit here be different from HWC. While they erased a piece of their own board in a blink, you are considering an effort to save a piece of history that's not even yours... Even if it ends in nothing, it has made much for the honour of this community...

samcurry

Staff member
Thanks Noite, i appreciate thst some see this for what it truly is. There are those who think there should be no ties between the sites. And i totally agree. And there wont be other than where they reside. But we shall see, i havent heard from jjr as to what his wishes are.

BlurOfSerenity

Word from Ash R:

i've been printing out PM's and EMails (there've been quite a few) that were sent to me in regard to this matter...
i'm seeing justin today, and i'm going to bring him them :)