fallopian dilemma

Professur

unclehobart said:
That meant for me or her. To me it looks like her since the thought starts out talking about me rather than directed at me.

Actually, it was retorical. I don't expect anyone to discuss details like that publicly. But I do think that Tracy should have access to your deepest fears. That there's any question to pose here worries me quite a bit. Is this something that might one day come between you? Then there's the question of why, if you're happy raising her two girls, you don't want to at least entertain the idea.

Either you think there's something wrong in your gene pool, you don't think you'd be a good father, or you feel that the two girls is as much parenting as you can handle. I don't need to know which one, but she does. And that there's still some question about it worries me. Either because she thinks that she doesn't know the answer, she thinks that that might change in the future, or that you won't be in the picture before she exits child bearing.

ClaireBear

Banned
Nix!

How about getting a "sense of humour?" I could share mine with ya... it was teacher humour... if parents and pupils only knew... actually its better that they dont! :D

Or should I explain the use of the :D smilie in a post context!?

Sheesh!... Americans! :D (see there... the :D smilie! :rolleyes: )

*Cb watches Nix go off the deep end!*

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Actually, it was retorical. I don't expect anyone to discuss details like that publicly. But I do think that Tracy should have access to your deepest fears. That there's any question to pose here worries me quite a bit. Is this something that might one day come between you? Then there's the question of why, if you're happy raising her two girls, you don't want to at least entertain the idea.

Either you think there's something wrong in your gene pool, you don't think you'd be a good father, or you feel that the two girls is as much parenting as you can handle. I don't need to know which one, but she does. And that there's still some question about it worries me. Either because she thinks that she doesn't know the answer, she thinks that that might change in the future, or that you won't be in the picture before she exits child bearing.

Do people actually NEED a reason not to want kids?

Why should Rob need to justify his thoughts and feelings... even rhetorically!

I'm sure you wouldn't ask the same of someone who was desperate to increase the population...

ClaireBear

Banned
Leslie said:
You called her an American. She is soooooooo going off the deep end.

Oooopsie!

Its a compliment actually... I always assumed our Canadian cousins "got" Brit humour!!!!

Sorry Nix... ya big Canadian ya!

Professur

ClaireBear said:
Do people actually NEED a reason not to want kids?

Why should Rob need to justify his thoughts and feelings... even rhetorically!

I'm sure you wouldn't ask the same of someone who was desperate to increase the population...

Justify to me, no. I said as much. But to the woman he's sleeping with, hell yeah. And if you check, I wasn't exactly encouraging Tonks in my first post, was I? I'm the first to stomp people into the ground for having kids without being ready for them. Don't believe me, just ask Bish.

ClaireBear

Banned
Hey! Bugger off with ya :lurk: Spot...

Move along now... ain't nuttin to see here... not even the smallest bitch fest.... move along now!

Professur

ClaireBear said:
Oooopsie!

Its a compliment actually... I always assumed our Canadian cousins "got" Brit humour!!!!

Sorry Nix... ya big Canadian ya!

Now you called her big. Wow, you're batting for six this morning, aren't ya?

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Justify to me, no. I said as much. But to the woman he's sleeping with, hell yeah. And if you check, I wasn't exactly encouraging Tonks in my first post, was I? I'm the first to stomp people into the ground for having kids without being ready for them. Don't believe me, just ask Bish.

Mmmmkay!

Well... maybe just maybe Rob has told Tonks but guess what... maybe he did it in the RW and its not the kinda thing you want on the web!

I'd hope anyway... :shrug:

"Ask Bish?"

Ooooh! Is there a story a brewing... maybe I'd better ask Marc!

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Now you called her big. Wow, you're batting for six this morning, aren't ya?

I don't play cricket :p

Leslie said:
and dumb for not understanding Brit "humour".

If thats how it was read... not how it was intended... but if you'd like to run with that then... :shrug:

And like I said..

*CB picks up mega-phone*

No bitching or flaming here today!

I seriously can't be bothered. :D :p

Professur

ClaireBear said:
Well... maybe just maybe Rob has told Tonks but guess what... maybe he did it in the RW and its not the kinda thing you want on the web!

I'd hope anyway... :shrug:

Claire, if you read through what i wrote, that's pretty much exactly what I said. You read the conclusions without reading the data leading to it.

"Ask Bish?"

Ooooh! Is there a story a brewing... maybe I'd better ask Marc!

If you really think you want to. I wouldn't.

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Claire, if you read through what i wrote, that's pretty much exactly what I said. You read the conclusions without reading the data leading to it.

Perhaps but my comment was in direct response the the post I quotednot a general over view on the whole discussion...

If it were I would have simply started the post...

Prof

And then babbled for a page or so...

Professur said:
If you really think you want to. I wouldn't.

Hmmmmm... thanks for the warning... if it were indeed a sincere or straight comment!!!

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
Suffice it to say that Marc and I don't even go there anymore.

But you're still mates though huh?

I mean we don't have to agree on everything 100% of the time... differences pep things up a little bit.

unclehobart

I don't really mind discussing it. I'm sure I've laid out little reasons here and there... probably the best stuff was back over on JJRs.

The fast and dirty version is that I never had the slightest biological, social, intellectual, imortality, ad nauseum... impulse to have a child of my own. There are no gross genetic defects to dodge, no physical reasons why I wouldn't be able to produce one, I don't think I would be a bad father in the slightest, 2 is certainly not the limit. I don't begrudge the kids that are already here. Its just the way I am.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ClaireBear said:
I don't play cricket :p

Well, that's one positive thing...but I'm pretty sure the sport that would influence Prof to say that would be baseball ;)