fallopian dilemma

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, and I have nothing against Americans who are not in parliment (in general) but I am NOT nor do I ever DESIRE to be one of them...just so we're all clear...

Even when I was in Germany and one of my friends I met there introuced me to some of her friends as being from America I made sure to correct her each and everytime until she got it..."CANADA actually"

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
unclehobart said:
You are an American in a sense as America runs from Tiera del Fuego all the way up past Greenland.

Yeah...but they meant the US...

tonksy

nalani said:
*wonders when this thread is actually going to go back to the discussion at hand*
yeah...cuz i made the initial appointment today. i'll discuss any concerns with the OB-GYN.

tonksy

unclehobart said:
(Alan Alda mode)

Noooooooo! Let them have my balls. Your pristine radiance should not feel the kiss of a knife.
um...right...well...if you want to drop the change for the operation you can...not that i don't appreciate my sentiment :kiss:

tonksy

unclehobart said:
How about I get new gutters with the money it would have cost me and we get you a wicked tattoo instead to boot?
excellent! i can totally live with that.

Mare

tonksy said:
so today i go for my yearly female exam. this is not something that women are ethusiastic about. i get in the room (finally) and the doctor asks me "what are you here for today?" and i say "a PAP and my depo provera shot" and she says "well we need to talk about that". apparently, these new studies about long term depo use and a loss of bone density are being taken seriously by the government because medicaid will not let you stay on it longer than a year and a half. i love my depo. it's easy and not terribly permanent. but i can't stay on it.
there were a myriad of options but the only 2 viable options for me are an IUD or having my tubes tied...i've been leaning for the second.
i am posting this because i would like to discuss the idea of a divorcing, 30 year old mother of three having this procedure.
i think that my child bearing days are over. i have always wanted a son but i really don't think that is a logical choice for me....by the time i would be comfortable (emotionally and financially) having another child i will be able to do more of things that i have wanted to do for myself.
besides, i want to be able to provide for my children better than i was provided for and a third child would have it's toll in this regard...also, rob doesn't want to have any children of his own and seeing as how i am involved with rob and would like to stay so, a child would be a stressor.
so i should go ahead and do it, eh? get spayed?
maybe so...but let's fast forward a couple years. how knows what drama awaits. suppose something were to happen to my children? god forbid. would i ever want to start a new family? say rob and i are splitsville. will i
regret my decision if i ever were to enter another relationship? these are horrible thoughts but they should be considered.
both preocedures are invasive. but the tubal litigation is a one time deal. the IUD is reversable but it has to be inserted, removed, and replaced. each one is good for 5-10 years.
medicaid will cover both of these procedures for me...i just need to decide.

If your having second thoughts of having a tubal, don't do it Tonksy....although just because you get it done doesnt mean you could never have any children again. Nothing is 100 % effective.
I had one done a month after my last son. I was 31 when I had mine. I had 2 boyz, always wanted a girl, but not 3 kids. Things like what if I lost a child crossed my mind too, but then the thought of no one replacing a child would ever make me feel better crossed my mind too. I was pretty sure that even if I met another man and he wanted children, I DIDN'T want anymore. Of Course unless he already had children of his own.
Anyway, GOODLUCK on your decision, I know you will make the right one!

tonksy

thanks.
seriously though...i decided that i didn't want anymore children. i decided that it was my body and a darn good thing to be selfish about. i don't want to go through all that crazy hormonal rollercoaster to have a beautiful, lovely baby that i can't afford and end up 20 pounds heavier in the end.
it just so happens that rob doesn't want any of his own. excellent.
if something should come up between rob and i (and i can't imagine why) and i were to enter a new relationship i would do it with someone who respect my decision that i made to better my life and my childrens,
*steps off soapbox.

Mare

:winkkiss: good girl. I think you made the right decision. SO? When's the date for surgery? And, BTW, its no biggy, they actually do it threw the belly button now adays, and recovery time is "maybe" 2-3 days and quite painless!!! Might have some tenderness around the belly button and bloating from the air they blow in there, but its not bad at all! :D

tonksy

i'm strangely flattered....
mare? my appointment is next monday to do the initial stuff. i'll keep you posted.

unclehobart

Inkara1 said:
Cuff links? You never wear anything that requires cuff links!
A prince albert then... What are you? MY FUCKING MOTHER?!

No... wait.. that doesn't work. My mom makes Mary Poppins look like a Marine drill instructor. She wouldn't question anything that I do.

Inkara1

Oh, if you really want to make cufflinks out of them, more power to you. I was just wondering why you'd want to spend that kind of money on something you'd never use.

Mare

tonksy said:
i'm strangely flattered....
mare? my appointment is next monday to do the initial stuff. i'll keep you posted.

Kewl..Goodluck...Have a nice sleep for the time your out... :winkkiss: