Farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclehobart

Yep, that's how it works. Insults can fly right and left from certain members (including Gonz) and are not tolerated from certain others. Wouldn't be the first time powers were abused.

I didn't see the remark in question but apparently you typed "Fuck you"? You can see that unclehobart said "Fuck you" to a member less than 2 weeks ago.

Don't expect consistency.
I merely told him 'fuck you' because I couldn't deck his sorry ass. He took an unwarranted shot at me, my family, and my friends out of the clear blue. If he would have done that to a group of strangers walking outside of any shop, pub, or restaurant he would have had a 90% chance of being told 'fuck you' at a minimum and a good 50% of having some of his teeth hit the floor.

Don't forget that I also said it to Mark when he said that noone on the east coast had honor. Both instances were seriously deserved, but I have withdrawn the one against Mark because he at least backed off the statement. POSTech is still on my shit list.

It is consistent behavior. We deal with everyone that steps over the line. Politics are nonwithstanding. People are not kicked because of political attitudes or being a silly ass or arbitrarily. People from the left have been banned just as many times as people from the right. Most banned are just plain unfunny antisocial hotheads or spambots. You aren't kicked on the word of a single mod ('cept spammers) without discussion in the mod section. It takes some serious agitation and a supermajority to get canned... and that group is composed of different nationalities, sexes, politcal affiliations. You basically have to get the UN to vote you to death... and its no mean feat. I can tell you that there have been a dozen people put of for banning that never carried the motion. You give us no credit for being able to recognize the good from bad and think we are shitty and inconsistent. You laugh at our policies. You think we are a 'dubya' conspiracy bent on forcing the world to buy Rush Limbaugh brand cookies and wave a flag and be slaves to big oil. You can't be further from the truth. If we are such shit in your eyes... then why are you here? Certainly there are 100s of places that toes the chalkline of your particular ideology. If we were as incosistent as you claim we are, then you would have been shown the door a long time ago. Why hasn't it happend? ... because it isn't true.

unclehobart

So, If me being a Newbie says the Lot of you can "Fuck off and die" I'm gonna get sent to the KK???????
If its out of the clear blue sky? damn skippy you'll get the boot. The key word here is 'unprovoked'.

If I said in conversation here that upstate Michigan smells like a kicked in rotting hog carcass... THEN you have been provoked and the cat hair can fly.

unclehobart

We've also booted people for being totally antisocial. I remember one or two being booted for the first posts being about how they liked to sexually abuse underage kids and that we should all love it too.

spike

Both instances were seriously deserved

I didn't say they weren't deserved, just pointing out an recent example of "fuck you" that didn't get the same treatment. I can imaginea few people have thought Gonz deserved a "fuck you" on a few occasions.

It is consistent behavior. We deal with everyone that steps over the line. Politics are nonwithstanding.

Now that is just not true. There's a few members here that are consistently insulting and given pass and others that are overly scrutinized in comparison.

It's pretty blatant actually.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
As long as saying fuck you to another member without sarcasm gets you the same result it's all good to me

It does, however it is not as clear cut as everybody would like it to be. There are sarcastic fuck yous, funny fuck yous, even friendly fuck yous. It is the inflammatory and insulting version of fuck you (or any other insult) that can get anyone in the KK.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Now that is just not true. There's a few members here that are consistently insulting and given pass and others that are overly scrutinized in comparison.

It's pretty blatant actually.

Unc said:
You give us no credit for being able to recognize the good from bad and think we are shitty and inconsistent. You laugh at our policies. You think we are a 'dubya' conspiracy bent on forcing the world to buy Rush Limbaugh brand cookies and wave a flag and be slaves to big oil. You can't be further from the truth. If we are such shit in your eyes... then why are you here?

:lurk:

spike

You give us no credit for being able to recognize the good from bad and think we are shitty and inconsistent. You laugh at our policies. You think we are a 'dubya' conspiracy bent on forcing the world to buy Rush Limbaugh brand cookies and wave a flag and be slaves to big oil.

Yeah, I don't know where all that came from.

You can't be further from the truth. If we are such shit in your eyes... then why are you here?

I hadn't even noticed you were moderator until this thread so don't take it personally. I didn't call anyone shit either. Really the problem as I see it is mainly one very inconsistent admin in an otherwise interesting forum.

If we were as incosistent as you claim we are, then you would have been shown the door a long time ago. Why hasn't it happend? ... because it isn't true.

I said there was inconsistency not that people are constantly booted without any reason. So that really doesn't provide any proof.

I think it's pretty much just Gonz that abuses power actually. Tonksy does a great job and I don't even know who the other admins are.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
K. Look. We do our damndest to do our best, and that's it. Maybe we suck at it sometimes, but yeah. We do try our best.

It's not on Gonz. He is just the one taking the actions very lately. Before it was always me. The majority almost to a one felt/feels that I was/am the horrible power-tripping one. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. So yeah. We work together on all this. So if something sucks, it's a group suckiness, not just one of us.

Here are the forum leaders.

Anyway, I'm just about done with this thread.

Error

Banned
I just had to say... when I read this:

Any joke must at all times be followed by j/k. Anything not followed immediately by j/k can and will be jumped on and taken out of context by any and all members with:

a) pissed on cornflakes
b) PMS or their tampon in too tight
c) a bug up their ass
d) no sense of humour.

I laughed really hard.

It was a joke... and all who don't see it that way, see above!

Error

Banned
And I did come back, before I get the "lol u rly left!@444"... I came to see if there was anything in the rules about how everyone should be treated fairly. There isn't... so I guess putting me here is legal.

Honestly, for anyone that reads the *big horrible* post I made that sent me here, if you don't see that the way I intended it, that's not my fault. I shouldn't be blamed. I say FUCK YOU! fkjfjgfkghejrhg! to my friends or anyone... I'm just used to using it in a joking friendly sarcastic manner... I actually can't remember a time when I've used it seriously.

It should be obvious that it was a joke, seeing as I followed it by "THATS MY WORD!" Would I really attack him for using a word? I've had run-ins with people here, sure, and so has everyone else. You can't say "oh, well you've argued with people here so that means you HAD to have MEANT THAT as a personal attack!" No... sorry... that's ridiculous.

I'm not sorry that I misread you guys... most of you anyway... anyone else would have seen the "you stole my word" comment and just did the whole "oh, you!" like everyone... here... has told ME to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.