Francisco Cordero blown save watch thread

Inkara1

Come now... you and I both know that as soon as Showalter is canned they'll win the World Series the very next year... as has happened in both places he managed before.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
They'll win the Series as soon as they do what I've suggested for twenty years. Have a team consisting exclusively of players whose last name ends with the letter Z. Gomez, Gonzalez, Lopez, Cortez, Jiminez....then that heat they play in half the time won't be a factor and they'll have a true home field advantage.

Pigs flying out my ass wouldn't be a bad omen for them either. *cue smartass replies*

Inkara1

We had Dominguez on the pitching staff... but he couldn't be counted on to show up at all, let alone on time.

woodman19_99

Why is it everyone else seems to hate the SOX and yankees? I mean, I can understand the Yankees, but other teams are spending a good deal of money on their teams as well. And with revenue sharing, other teams could spend the money.

In fact, I saw an interview on ESPN with some MLB players who claimed that money received from all the revenue sharing was barely being spent on players, which is what it is supposed to be used for. Now I don't know where the money goes, but teams like the Marlins and Devil Rays are able to spend more on players, they just choose not to.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
If you have to ask why I would hate anything calling itself a yankee...

As to the Sawks, they're in Boston. That's in Massachusetts. That's north of Richmond. 'Nuff said.

Hey...you asked...

woodman19_99

I did ask... but now I gotta ask if you hate the twins, tigers, brewers, cubs, white sox.... you get the drift... do you hate those teams just as much?

woodman19_99

Alright.... now I gotta ask another question about your Rangers... when the HELL are you guys gonna get a starting pitching staff that compliments your damn good lineup? Kevin Millwood WAS good, but he isn't gonna save your team. You guys desperately need a solid #1... and a closer...

rrfield

Sweet, the brew crew gets the d.lee-less Cubs for the weekend. I get to see the games on TV!

edit: shit, maddox is pitching game 1.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
woodman19_99 said:
Alright.... now I gotta ask another question about your Rangers... when the HELL are you guys gonna get a starting pitching staff that compliments your damn good lineup? Kevin Millwood WAS good, but he isn't gonna save your team. You guys desperately need a solid #1... and a closer...

Amen and amen. Been preaching it for years. 7 power hitters do not a championship team make. But they don't consult me on roster moves.

Inkara1

woodman19_99 said:

Our starting pitching has actually shown itself to be somewhat of a strength for the team this year. Millwood's adjusted nicely after the opening day hiccup, and Padilla looks to be a good bargain so far this year. It's relief pitching, notably Francisco Cordero and C.J. Wilson. Cordero has five blown saves, and I believe he's been charged with three losses. If he converts two of those losses into saves, the Rangers are alone in first place in the division. If Wilson doesn't give up back-to-back homers against Oakland on Monday, the Rangers are tied for first place. Combine both those, and Texas has a two-game lead on the Angels.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
You forgot R. A. "Really Anti-Christ" Dickey. NOTHING from the University of Tennessee is worth a draft pick. Right, "No-Ring" Peyton?