Francisco Cordero blown save watch thread

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
Jamal "Coke Head" Lewis you mean?

Maybe so... but the Ravens won the Super Bowl in his rookie season, and he rushed for 1,364 yards that year.

Inkara1

I'd think the championship ring is more important... Peyton "my line doesn't protect me, boo-hoo" Manning passes for all sorts of yards but can't win the big one. I'm just saying that even if the team went downhill afterward, and even if he's had some off-the-field problems... if he makes a major contribution to a Super Bowl-winning team in his rookie season, then he was certainly worth a draft pick, even though Mike over here says no one at all from the University of Tennessee is worth a draft pick.

Stop Laughing

I never thought I'd see this: the Rangers starting pitching right now looks better than the Cubs starting pitching right now. We do have a revived Maddux, but we have a struggling Zambrano, a woeful Rusch whose ERA is back over 10 again after giving up 7 today, and 2 rookies starting now (although Marshall did beat Dontrelle Willis earlier this week with 7 shutout innings). Prior and Wood are considered bonuses when they're here because they're hurt so much. At least Dempster has been reliable as our closer, but we've had plenty of those 'under .500' closers here the last few years. Alfonseca, Rojas, Gordon, Karchner, Borowski, Beck towards the end, and I'm sure there's more. No lead is safe with that bullpen.

Inkara1

Hideo Nomo had a good few years in the majors... he's washed up now, but he came here in, what, '95? This is only Otsuka's third year in the US, so if Nomo is any indicator we've got a few years left.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Inkara1 said:
I'd think the championship ring is more important... Peyton "my line doesn't protect me, boo-hoo" Manning passes for all sorts of yards but can't win the big one. I'm just saying that even if the team went downhill afterward, and even if he's had some off-the-field problems... if he makes a major contribution to a Super Bowl-winning team in his rookie season, then he was certainly worth a draft pick, even though Mike over here says no one at all from the University of Tennessee is worth a draft pick.

You own an NFL team. Your star running back goes to the federal pen for cocaine. Think you lost any money on tickets, jerseys, etc etc on that deal? Think his trade value might have declined a little? That's more than "a few off the field problems" in my book. If he got busted with coke once, how much did he move/use before he got caught? His millions from his contract ain't good enough, he has to push dope too?

Scumbag, plain and simple. Thug. Doesn't deserve to wear a jersey. Someone else who can leave the dope alone is loading Pepsi trucks all day so this waste of internal organs can be Snoop Dawg Junior. Fuck him.

Then there's Leonard Little, the town drunk.

Heath Shuler, the highest paid clipboard carrier in the history of pro sports.

Peyton the choke artist.

Kelley "Butterfingers" Washington.

R. A. "Runs Allowed" Dickey.

Last decent human being they put in a pro sport was Bill Bates.

A.B.Normal

paul_valaru said:
isn't the rangers a hockey team?

Only if your in NY ,if in Texas its a Baseball team,if in Jellystone they're the ones who take away your "pikinik" baskets {hey BooBoo looky over there}

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
A.B.Normal said:
Only if your in NY ,if in Texas its a Baseball team,if in Jellystone they're the ones who take away your "pikinik" baskets {hey BooBoo looky over there}

not your average bear!

I am Canadian, last city I lived in had no baseball team, the city before got rid of their baseball team, and the city I live in now has no baseball team, a big city close by has a baseball team, but they are from Toronto, hence they suck.

Inkara1

I got up too late for that.

I'm not happy about it, but I'm not as mad about it as I was with Cordero in April because it's not the norm. Otsuka's converted 11 of 13 save opportunities and the last blown save was almost a month ago. If he blows several saves in a row, that's when I start getting mad.

HomeLAN

We lost yesterday by the marvelous score of 14-4. It was 8-3 after 3 innings, behind the wonderful work of Haracio Ramirez.

He paid for it, though. An Astro batter whacked one off the side of his head so damn hard it bounced out into center right field. Amazingly, he stayed in.