Francisco Cordero blown save watch thread

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Let's see...early June, Rangers in first. About right.

Heat will be kicking in soon down there...so we should start to see the annual Ranger Fade in what, three weeks?

Inkara1

Depends. How many road games will the Rangers play in July? They've been better on the road this year, regardless of weather.

HomeLAN

It ain't even the all-star break yet, fella. As a Rangers fan, you should know all about second half turn-arounds - to your sorrow.

OTOH, I predicted no playoffs at the outset. This is one time I won't be happy about being right.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Granted. I'm all too familiar with them. Reference post 61.

Still, nice run while it lasted. Past tense. On the bright side, they'll draft earlier this year.

Inkara1

The thing about drafting "early" in the baseball draft is that it doesn't really matter. Teams draft 50 or so players and ship them to the rookie leagues, and probably 5 or 6 will make the big leagues within five years.

Inkara1

I like Ozzie Guillen's quote about him:

"If you play against him, you hate him. If you play with him, you hate him a little less."

Inkara1

It might be time to give either Loe or Koronka a rest and being up Volquez... who is tearing it up at AAA Oklahoma... and I should point out that the weather in Oklahoma is just as hot as it is in north Texas.

Stop Laughing

Anyone else see the 5 run lead he blew Sunday? He's Jeckyl and Hyde, 0.58 ERA at home, but 8.62 on the road. He's trying to keep us in the race sometimes, especially in this one. :D Losing Soriano seems to have killed our entire offense the last few days though. :(

Inkara1

A lot of people slam Jon Daniels for trading him away... but as shown by his two blown saves in Arlington this year, he can't pitch in that park anymore.

Stop Laughing

This deserves another bump after yesterday. Solo HR to Scott Thorman with two outs in the 10th blew their 1 run lead, and they lost it in the 11th. Thanks for knocking the Cubs magic number down to 6!

unclehobart

Hell.. The Braves are down to three on the magic number. It all pucker factor now.

Damn those Phillies... going 9-1 over the last 10 and keeping the pressure up on the Mets.