Gay prom date banned

MitchSchaft

I'm not speaking of a hate/discrimination issue as far as the gay subject is concerned. If you're gonna be that different from society, then don't expect people to like it.

[b]

If you're gonna be that different from society, then don't expect people to like it.

I don't expect people to like it. What I expect, and what I feel we should all expect, is to not be hated, persecuted, or discriminated by other people for no other reason then they don't like you.

I don't want people to like me because I'm gay. I want to be liked for who I am. Part of that is being gay but it's no more important then the fact that I'm left handed or that I love the arts.

For all I care people can hate me because to them the thought of two men together is disgusting. But that's no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to adopt a child, have a legal marriage, or take my boyfriend to the prom. I'm not going to let my feelings about another person stop them from doing those same things.

People = People

freako104

they may not like it but shouldnt they tolerate it? i mean i wil admit i hate the idea of a guy coming onto me but i would say to him that im straight and im not intrested in the guy sexually. but society will never accept whats different although as i said in another thread regarding this topic, society is changing and will always be changing so maybe it will be liked just as much as heterosexuality.