Global Warming

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It can easily tested (and they have been) and determined whether it is bone or plaster.

Yeah.

So you don't believe OJ did it now either.

I never said that. You assume too often.

The real question is where is the evidence refuting that dinosaurs existed? There's a bunch of evidence that they did, even physical proof. So if you refuse to believe it there must be some counter evidence.

No, there mustn't. I simply refuse to accept the level of proof you accept. As I said before, I don't know either way. I know what I have and have not seen, and I know what alternatives are possible. Based upon that level of proof, I am reluctant to throw my beliefs around so wantonly. You, as always, may do as you wish.

You think 90 foot lizards are far fetched. What about 90 foot mammals?

You could always just go to a museum and see the real thing.

Just lizards, or any animal

No, I can always go to a museum and see what others say is a real thing.

Request number three: How large is the item in your photo? I have nothing by which to judge scale, and I hesitate to place my trust in unproven ideaology.

spike

No, there mustn't. I simply refuse to accept the level of proof you accept. As I said before, I don't know either way.

You accept far less levels of proof on ridiculous things like I pointed out in the other thread. You say you don't know either way but clearly you side against reason with you Godzilla comment and that you think the notion of "90 foot lizards" is ridiculous.

I ask again, just lizards? Or do you think the notion of 90 foot mammals or birds is ridiculous too?

I know what I have and have not seen, and I know what alternatives are possible.

What alternatives? There's tons of physical proof. What evidence supports your alternatives?

No, I can always go to a museum and see what others say is a real thing.

You can go to a museum and see a stage coach from the old west or painting by Leonardo too. Do you doubt those too without any counter evidence just because "others say it's real"?

Request number three: How large is the item in your photo? I have nothing by which to judge scale, and I hesitate to place my trust in unproven ideaology.

5 feet (1.5 m) long. The eye sockets in the skull are 4 inches (10.2 cm) across; the eyeballs would have been about 3 inches (7.6 cm) in diameter.

Unproven ideology? Like bible stories you mean? This isn't ideology an it is proven.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Unproven ideology? Like bible stories you mean? This isn't ideology an it is proven.

You finally figured it out. Congratulations, only took you a week.

The fact that you can believe so stringently in something you have never seen, then ridicule those who live by faith in an unseen God, is what I have been driving at. When you fail to see the logical fallacy therein, my point will be proven completely by using the precise tactics you choose so often to employ in your own arguments.

Thank you, live long and prosper. It was fun.

2minkey

bootlicker
The fact that you can believe so stringently in something you have never seen, then ridicule those who live by faith in an unseen God, is what I have been driving at. When you fail to see the logical fallacy therein, my point will be proven completely by using the precise tactics you choose so often to employ in your own arguments.

not really.

in one case there is direct physical evidence. the fossil record.

in another there idn't, just some stories and the faith of some.

they are utterly incomparable. which is one reason science doesn't truly challenge faith.

but you ain't in for that. you're trying to teach someone a lesson. by playing logic games using inappropriate comparisons... shit... talk about fallacies...

spike

You finally figured it out. Congratulations, only took you a week.

Oops, since there is proof and physical evidence of dinosaurs and really no scientific debate against it the logical fallacy would be comparing them to bible stories. Sorry to burst your bubble but you have no point at all.

You skipped a few of the questions I asked, one of which I've asked 3 times now. What's the problem?

Gotholic

You do realize that water vapor is a much more significant greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, don't you? :shrug:

But you also have to take into account that deforestation raises the level of carbon dioxide significantly.

chcr

Too cute for words
But you also have to take into account that deforestation raises the level of carbon dioxide significantly.

And are you aware that there is virtually the same amount of forested land in the US as there was 80 years ago?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I really really hate the way that those damned Brazilians are taking their jungles & turning them into productive farmlands. Being allowed to be self-sufficient is so 1770s.

2minkey

bootlicker
I really really hate the way that those damned Brazilians are taking their jungles & turning them into productive farmlands. Being allowed to be self-sufficient is so 1770s.

hmmmm yeah energy self-sufficiency might be nice too...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Whatever happened to our atomic energy policy? Oh, that's right, the same crowd that is today claiming humans cause global warming destroyed it.