Hair

halamikage

I shampoo and condition my hair every single time I bathe. For some reason, my hair just feels and looks yucky if I don't wash it. I change products from time to time, but I like Biolage, Paul Mitchell, Herbal Essense, Loreal Vive, then there's VO5, Suave. It doesn't have to be expensive products. Most of the time, I brush my hair in the shower when I have the conditioner on, which is probably not good but I do it anyway. I got a lot of hair. I don't really time myself. If I'm not in a rush or there's no nephews pounding at the door...I leave the conditioner in during the whole shower.

Short hair looks good but I'm partial to guys with long hair.

nalani

I'd try a gloss for your hair .. it defrizzes and controls it .. and makes it manageable.

HeXp£Øi±

I crashed a girls slumber party in college once and they decided to dye my hair orange as punishment. Atleast, part of the punishment. It was fun. :D There was another time i got wasted and my four best friends shaved my head. I was so pissed. The next day they all showed up on my doorstep with mohawks and shaved heads. That was their apology. Oops, sorry that's OT.

whoreable

the best way for hair care is to say "salon" but you must say it right or it doens't work.

sorry to be so negative but i feel that threads on hair care suck.

nalani

unclehobart said:
gloss? 'splain this gloss stuff. It lies outside of my knowledge of the world.

it's a leave-in serum that you put in your hair - best if you put it in after you've washed it ... I use Paul Brown kukui nut oil usually but my hairdresser didn't have any so I grabbed Crome - that one is fabulous. Neither is oily though they're based on natural oils .. and they put a great shine in your hair and, like I said, it's easier to manage. You can find them at discount salon product stores too. They sell cheaper serums in places like walmart - I just don't like them ... too "oily" or they make my hair too dry ... give it a shot and let me know how you like it

nalani

unclehobart said:
Discount salon products store... I never knew such things existed.

remember that Mall where Borders was? I think I remember seeing on there ... they're usually everywhere - in major malls .. or check the yellow pages ...

remember that clear liquid in the white bottle that I put on my hair? That's the stuff I'm talking about

unclehobart

oh yeah.. I think I balked at it thinking it would just be heavy and make the hair hang limp and gross. I tend to OD on such products. I don't 'dabble' it on in tiny increments. I tend to slather it on like cake frosting.

nalani

unclehobart said:
oh yeah.. I think I balked at it thinking it would just be heavy and make the hair hang limp and gross. I tend to OD on such products. I don't 'dabble' it on in tiny increments. I tend to slather it on like cake frosting.

dabble, dear boy .. learn the art of the dabble .. less than a dime-sized amount in the palm of your hand will do the trick .. I promise :)

unclehobart

Having been raised without a monther or sister, I have woefuly nonexistant training in such areas. I'm seriously clueless about anything that falls under the general dominion of women.

nalani

Haircare has been more and more a man's thing lately ... and since I am a woman, well, I was the last time I checked, trust me when I say "dime-sized dabble" ;)

nalani

unclehobart said:
All I want is healthy and cooperative hair... sigh ... this is starting to sound expensive.

expensive?

You buy a bottle for 12 oz bottle for about $10 - use only dime-sized dabbles every two to three days ... it'll last you forever.

whoreable

10 DOLLARS???? ARE YOU CRAZY????? I SPEND 2 DOLLARS ON SHAMPOO TO LAST ME FOR YEARS, DECADES EVEN. WHO THE HELL CAN AFFORD 10 DOLLARS FOR HAIR???? YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS.