Hasta la Vista

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I just wanted to say goodbye. This place really held something special for me for a long time, and although I haven't been nearly (ok, not even close) as active as I once was, I still enjoyed stopping in from time to time to see what was up with some of my favorite internet buddies. I'll miss you guys. I'll miss the intelligent conversations we once had here.

It has become obvious that aside from some attempts by chcr, prof, paul, bop and a few others, the intelligence is gone. People like Cerise, Spike, Jimpeel, H20boy, and of course Gonz have turned this place into nothing but veiled insults, character assassinations, and partisan rhetoric. It was the beginnings of this that made me slow down in the first place, but I can't keep watching this place devolve further. I can always turn on the evening news, switching between MSDEMBC and FauxNews for that.

Good luck and best wishes to all of you who I care about, I think you know who you are. To the rest of you, fuck you for killing my safe place. I think you all know who you are too.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I haven't been so active lately, between being married and having a load of work I don't have as much spare time as before. I do still enjoy coming to visit from time to time, and avoid TRW as much as I can.

I know I will miss you PT, you've been a valuable member since the beginning.

BeardofPants

Yeah, I kind of still hang around hoping some of the old crowd will come back & stop this place from being one giant pissing contest. Alas.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Yeah, I kind of still hang around hoping some of the old crowd will come back & stop this place from being one giant pissing contest. Alas.

Hmm...I've tried to stay out of the fray, but I'll admit that I've done my share. I'll miss you, too, PT, even though we didn't always see eye-to-eye. Sorry if I got you wet...:(

Cerise

Maybe it would be a good idea to link a sub-forum to TRW---instead of using the "ignore button." Call it "Damn, It's Ugly in Here." Then those with milder sensibilities would not have to subject themselves to the torture......:hug:

Cerise

A sub-forum could solve a lot of angst......Then only the people that want to be there will be there. After all, "The Real World" covers alot of territory. How's about sub-forum: "Here Be Dragons?"

jimpeel

A. I don't know who you even are.

B. Thanks for the honorable mention.

C. One can never affect the outcome by removing oneself from the sphere of influence.

D. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'll miss you PT but I can't say I blame you. I miss the old days. Some people have changed the dynamic around here in a big way and it has resulted in a lot of people who I really like deciding to leave...it seems that more and more of the people who made this place enjoyable are leaving and be replaced by people who make this place unenjoyable. I wish I knew how to fix it...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Maybe it would be a good idea to link a sub-forum to TRW---instead of using the "ignore button." Call it "Damn, It's Ugly in Here." Then those with milder sensibilities would not have to subject themselves to the torture......:hug:

Subjects unsuitable for polite company. Politics, Religion, Abortion and other highly charged topics. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. However, it does get ugly. It can get personal. Don't say you weren't warned.

Don't say you weren't warned.

I do appreciate the honorable mention PT. Just because some of us actually believe what we say and aren't afraid to say it...

C'est la vie, it's been a hoot.

jimpeel

I'll miss you PT but I can't say I blame you. I miss the old days. Some people have changed the dynamic around here in a big way and it has resulted in a lot of people who I really like deciding to leave...it seems that more and more of the people who made this place enjoyable are leaving and be replaced by people who make this place unenjoyable. I wish I knew how to fix it...

That's easy. Simply start your own board and moderate the forums yourself. If you structure it like http://www.wakeupwalmart.com or The Ms. Magazine forums, where anything bordering on dissent is cause for immediately being banned from the forums, you can crown yourself Emporer for Life.