Hasta la Vista

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The RW was, as pointed out by Bish, set up for current news & politics, to keep them from the rest of the site. The main stay was to make it UNEDITED and UNCENSORED OPINION.

I've never understood the folks that get so bent out of shape by the wrangling in there, why go in there? It hasn't changed in 7 years.

News, especially politcal news, is contentious stuff. That's why Sam & I decided to move it to the last forum & put a red warning banner on it.

The rest of the site is suffering, and has been for two years. As before, I invite everyone to make threads & posts in every forum & allow the left & right nutjobs to have at it in the RW. By the same token, what's said in the RW stays in the RW. Don't bring politics to a recipe meeting.

MrBishop

The RW was, as pointed out by Bish, set up for current news & politics, to keep them from the rest of the site. The main stay was to make it UNEDITED and UNCENSORED OPINION.

I've never understood the folks that get so bent out of shape by the wrangling in there, why go in there? It hasn't changed in 7 years.

News, especially politcal news, is contentious stuff. That's why Sam & I decided to move it to the last forum & put a red warning banner on it.

The rest of the site is suffering, and has been for two years. As before, I invite everyone to make threads & posts in every forum & allow the left & right nutjobs to have at it in the RW. By the same token, what's said in the RW stays in the RW. Don't bring politics to a recipe meeting.
I always thought of TRW as a kind of newsfeed with the added bonus of being able to discuss the impact of each topic started. The political pre-election stuff isn't "news" but opinion pieces and sniping. IMHO.

Mind you, I wouldn't want to see the politically-charged sniping in the LL.

chcr

Too cute for words

In fact it has. It used to be a place for frequently vociferous spouting of political opinion with the occasional personal insult or questioning of someone's intellect, parentage, birth status, etc. It has become a place for childish bickering and tantrums and has largely been reduced to the schoolchild level of "I know you are but what am I?" I recognize that this is a reflection of the intellect of the most frequent participants, but I still lament the loss of the way it was. Your opinion may vary.

ResearchMonkey

Oh Hai guise, whats going on in this thread?

funny-pictures-lonely-kitten-birthday-party-balloon.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In fact it has. It used to be a place for frequently vociferous spouting of political opinion with the occasional personal insult or questioning of someone's intellect, parentage, birth status, etc. It has become a place for childish bickering and tantrums and has largely been reduced to the schoolchild level of "I know you are but what am I?" I recognize that this is a reflection of the intellect of the most frequent participants, but I still lament the loss of the way it was. Your opinion may vary.

The level of discourse has, in fact, dropped. You're right about that. I was referring to the general atmosphere. It's always been highly charged & it's always been the red-headed step-child of OTC...first to get blamed, last to get recognition. Hell, I'm only participating on a part-time basis because the parrots & the boars have gotten to me.