Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Lilly

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Whatever...

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Professur

AlphaTroll said:
And nodded and smiled as you both went your seperate ways I am sure.

Actually, I made a concerted effort to knock myself sensless by beating my head in before the Demerol kicked in.

Uki Chick

Leslie said:
I've heard a couple women who have done both say that that is worse than childbirth.

I haven't gone through childbirth, but I can say that a kidney stone is a bitch.

tonksy

Leslie said:
I've heard a couple women who have done both say that that is worse than childbirth.
I think it might be a mental thing. You spend 9 months preparing and educating yourself about childbirth. A kidney stone kinda leaps up at you and blindsides you. You don't expect it to be that bad so you aren't prepared...just a theory.

Professur

tonksy said:
I think it might be a mental thing. You spend 9 months preparing and educating yourself about childbirth. A kidney stone kinda leaps up at you and blindsides you. You don't expect it to be that bad so you aren't prepared...just a theory.

Yeah. Happily reading a book at home to writhing in agony inside of 2 hours.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm back to the oh, it wasn't so bad stage. Dunno how we manage to forget it, but we do.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Yeah. Happily reading a book at home to writhing in agony inside of 2 hours.
My first was 5 hours start to finish. So I did that too.

tonksy

Leslie said:
My first was 5 hours start to finish. So I did that too.
My first baby was horrible, my last 2 came flying out. With Malory I went from 5 centimeters to delivery in 20 minutes. They checked me the first time as Alex Trebeck was reading the first categories and I was done in time for final jeopardy - I remember answering the question and the doctor was like "what?" and I said "final jeopardy" and nodded towards the TV. He gave me a strange look. My ex mother-in-law missed it because she went for a sandwich.

catocom

yep, when you have some kind of pain day after day, eventually your
threshold goes up for that pain, and some over all.
The kind of pain I have every day,....if it was a normal day, and it hit me,
I'd probably be screaming.
The thing with kidney stone is, it's not just the pain, it poisons your system
to a certain extent, compounding the problem, and making you sick....