Here's to hoping love is real?????

tonksy

Ms Ann Thrope said:
sure...help yourself.... and I don't agree....I think he was mulling aloud....why are we whispering?
um....i didn't want to interrupt the creative process?
um....butter :D

Camelyn

Ms Ann Thrope said:
sure...help yourself.... and I don't agree....I think he was mulling aloud....why are we whispering?

*sneaks past whispering twosome and gleefully swipes handful of popcorn*

Rose

PuterTutor said:
Hey, if you ain't good enough for your family, you ain't good enough for them.

Do what ... ? Hey PT - what were you talking about here? Iff'n you can remember back that far ... ;)

Love is real. It's just a real bastard is all.

IDLEchild

AWWW come on guys don't let one horrendous, gut wrenching, mortifying, humiliating, depressing, hateful, bitter, moronic, disgraceful, emotionally draining, expensive, painful, drowing, mournful experience get you down.

come on...you're stronger than that.

tonksy

IDLEchild said:
AWWW come on guys don't let one horrendous, gut wrenching, mortifying, humiliating, depressing, hateful, bitter, moronic, disgraceful, emotionally draining, expensive, painful, drowing, mournful experience get you down.

one?...ah...i'm not down on love entirely...just not in a hurry to be mistaken again.

Ms Ann Thrope

IDLEchild said:

got me down a long time ago.... I'm fine now... the walls are nicely fortified :D

bob said:

stronger than what? sorry, friend, but I'm not into masochism... ;)

Camelyn

IDLEchild said:

Well, since you put it in such a positive light, I feel just oodles and oodles better about myself and my life now. :D

*Makes note to call therapist in the morning*

IDLEchild

Ms Ann Thrope said:
stronger than what? sorry, friend, but I'm not into masochism... ;)

Women are stronger than men.....strength is in everone, not just men. You don't have to be macho in order to be strong.

Ms Ann Thrope

IDLEchild said:
Women are stronger than men.....strength is in everone, not just men. You don't have to be macho in order to be strong.

:confused:

mas·och·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms-kzm)
n.
1) The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.

2) The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.

3) A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

Oz

I'm a big fan of the word love.........tis easier and quicker than writing Fondest Regards on birthday cards n' stuff ;)

Camelyn

Oz said:
I'm a big fan of the word love.........tis easier and quicker than writing Fondest Regards on birthday cards n' stuff ;)

I like "Love" when you mean it, and "Luv" when you are just using emotional shorthand.

tonksy

but signing something love or saying i love you flippantly, i mean when people know you are joking...for example..."aw...you know i still love you" is much different from saying "i love you"....like looking into someones eyes and saying completely honestly "i love you"....i have only done this a time or two...and at the time i truly believed it... so was it love and did it change? or was i mistaken to begin with?

Camelyn

tonks said:
...like looking into someones eyes and saying completely honestly "i love you"....i have only done this a time or two...and at the time i truly believed it... so was it love and did it change? or was i mistaken to begin with?

IMO, absolutely. If you truly believed it, then that's what it was. Love is a subjective emotion, completely dependant on each persons individual criteria. There is no baseline for love. Which is why we have conflicts such as "I love you more than you love me". How can this be accurate, since love is a subjective emotion? It would be more accurate to say "What I think of as love is different from what you think of as love". They key is finding someone with the same criteria as you :)

So, if your criteria change, as YOU change, then yes, you can fall out of love. Actually, my jaded self says that almost no love is forever, except for the love of a parent and a child. That love is unconditional, which is not something that is easy to find with any other person. My romantic self still hopes that one day I'll stumble across it.

Again, this is all IMO. :)