I hate you

unclehobart

I never understood the connection between cigs and booze. Even when I smoked cigars for a few years, the thought of drinking at the same time just made me ill. It was one type of chemical reaction high running headlong into another type of high; each one conflicting on how they affected the blood pressure. It caused me rather nasty headaches to combine them. I couldn't touch one within 4-5 hours of the other.

Professur

Yeah, you're already way past anyways, what's a few more years.:D

HL 24 hour update, man. How you holding up?

nalani

Dang HomeLAN - I'm proud of you :)

Drinking alcohol and coffee are my triggers so when I quit smoking, I had to quit everything ... I swear .. I was the most boring person ever for 4 months ... needless to say, I quit quitting ... maybe I should quit quit quitting ...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
freako104 said:
so coffee and alchol made you want cigs more??? thats a first ive heard of.

OH yeah, I gave up coffee too the first week, just cause drinking it made me want a cig even more. Drinking wasn't a problem, as I don't drink much anyway, but it would be even harder not to smoke.

Professur

freako104 said:
so coffee and alchol made you want cigs more??? thats a first ive heard of.

It's the association of the two that make it murder. HL's well past the chemical addiction. Now he's into the harder part. Breaking habits that he's developped. The routines of a lifetime. Waking up to a morning coffee and ciggy. The coffee and ciggy break at work. The reflex to light up the moment you leave a building.

It's been 15 years since I quit, and I still feel the reflex sometimes. That's why someone who quit years ago can suddenly be back up to 2 packs a day. The habits never leave. You just need to create new ones to override the old. Gum help. But chewing gum while drinking coffee is a trick.

freako104

good to know. for some reason coffee didnt make me want to smoke but if i drink for some odd reason i will want a cig. thanks for the advice prof ill try gum though i tend to use toothpicks more than anything else.

HomeLAN

Hanging on by my fingernails. This is the first day it hasn't gotten worse. It's no better, but it stopped getting worse.

HeXp£Øi±

Sometimes if you just let loose and go ahead and kill someone it can help release the pressure. At least fire off a few rounds into the air.