i rock at losing weight!

BlurOfSerenity

so, i've been doing weight watchers since may, and so far i've lost 13.2 pounds! (would probably be more, if i exercised, lol).
earlier in the week i moved into pants the next size smaller, and today i'm wearing a skirt and shirt that i used to barely be able to even put on.
undeadexploder took a picture of me today, and i made this then-and-now picture.
see!
beforeand8-07.png

i'll be updating as i take off the remaining 35 lbs to reach my goal!

Professur

You look great. Granted, you'd look better still without the bullring through your nose,.... but that's just me

BlurOfSerenity

im doing that, too :) the color my hair is dyed blends in well with my natural color (which is actually a very ash-tone medium blonde), and i'm realizing my natural color isn't as ugly as i thought it was, so that's kind of exciting :)

BlurOfSerenity

weight watchers is sooooo easy. i love it because you can still eat things you enjoy, there's a lot of wiggle-room for if you want to eat out or pig out a little (you get 35 extra points each week that you can use as much or little of as you want), and once you do it for a little while, you find really filling foods that are not many points.
it's definitely easier now that more and more actually-good-tasting diet-friendly foods are coming out all the time. i tried to do it a few years ago, and it was much harder than it is now.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
You look great!

im doing that, too :) the color my hair is dyed blends in well with my natural color (which is actually a very ash-tone medium blonde), and i'm realizing my natural color isn't as ugly as i thought it was, so that's kind of exciting :)

I dyed my hair for 2 or 3 years after I turned 18 (my mom had a rule that I couldn't dye my hair before I was 18 and I couldn't get any tattoos while living in her house). Then i grew tired of it and I dyed my hair back to my natural colour...a few months ago I decided to go red again. I know it'll be a hassle to dye it back to match my natural colour (took me 3 tries last time) but right now it's SO worth it, I LOVE my red hair!

tonksy

I used to color my hair for no apparent reason when I was young...now that I am not I do it to cover my gray.

2minkey

bootlicker
nice work there.

the hard part about WW is maintaining it for a long period of time... you have to kinda isolate yourself from many social eating occasions so's not to fudge too far off the diet. or so i am told.

BlurOfSerenity

thanks!
yeah, i usually eat out once or twice a week, and i try to make sensible choices, but sometimes, like when i'm with a friend, i don't know in advance that i'm going somewhere, and i don't know where i'm going, so i try to make sensible choices, and when i get home, i try to look up the nutritional info... and a lot of restaurants don't even list their info, or they list only the really healthy stuff, or, worst of all, the listing for what i thought was really a healthy choice actually has 700 calories or something like that!
holy crap, that was a really long run-on sentence.
when i can, i try to sway people to eating at places where i know i can eat.

the worst thing is getting cravings for things i shouldn't have. but it's cool because you're allowed to give in a little. if you get a craving, you go ahead and have a little bit, it's a lot better than holding off and holding off, and then when you can't stand it anymore, eating a whole pint of ben&jerry's or something! it took me a while to figure that out!

i think it actually gets easier the longer you're with it, because you learn more and more about how to live with the program. but i think with some people, they get discouraged and the novelty wears off and they stop caring. that's kind of what's happening to my mom :(

kuulani

I'm the opposite of you ... I do exercise videos 4-6 times a week with no diet to speak of and I've hit a plateau after losing about 10 pounds. I guess I should find a diet that will work for me ...

spike

I've been going to the YMCA lifting weights, running, swimming, biking, a little yoga. I've also switched to a lower carb - higher protein diet without getting fanatical.

I've lost 40lbs since last December and can lift more weight and run farther than ever. Another 15-20lbs and I'll be athletic again.

Anyway, ash r you're doing great. I hit a wall a couple times dropping weight and if it happens to you a suggest mixing things up. Add some cardio exercise, then keep changing it.

greenfreak

Thanks for bumping this! Ash, you look great! I can't believe that difference is only 13 pounds, it looks like at least 20. Great job.

I lost about 35-40 pounds for the wedding so I know it's really not easy. Like you, I didn't starve myself but made complete life changes. I allowed myself to 'cheat' one day per week. But even then, it wasn't anything crazy like eating three pints of ice cream.

Sad to say, I gained most of it back. Ironically, today is my last 'bad' day. Now I get serious and change my eating habits and start exercising.

I hope I'm as successful as I was in the past, and that you have been also!

BlurOfSerenity

oh wow, i completely forgot i made this post!
i'm now around 176, and i've been yoyoing the same couple pounds for a few weeks now, but hey, i've still lost about 26 lbs, and i'm not about to give up! i've been snacking a little more than i should be... but at least i know what i need to do to fix it, and i know i'll soon get back on track!
i'm now able to wear a US size 14 in womens pants/skirts/dresses, and that makes me feel really good... i was a size 20 when i started!

also, undeadexploder/jay, my fiance (we celebrated 3 years together on the 1st of february), joined weight watchers around the time i started this thread, in mid august. he's lost 72 lbs. he was pretty big (400+) and is now looking and feeling a LOT better. he hopes to have lost 100 lbs by his birthday, august 13, and i definitel believe he can do it. having him doing this with me is really a great thing. and my 3 closests friends are starting to get more serious about their weightloss too! it's cool! i don't have any good pictures of myself right now, but i have my neck back, and it's beautiful, and i want to get my hair cut short again to show it off, i'm so excited!

bop, congrats! and gf, thanks! and i thought you looked really great in your wedding pictures. and, you know you can do it and you know what it's like to get to that goal... im sure you can be successful again!