"Illegal alien" is a racist phrase

Professur

Leslie said:
To get welfare here, off the top of my head, they require:

Birth Certificate for all adults or proof of Citizenship
Signature ID
Proof of Address (government letter, utility bill, lease, etc)
Birth Certificates for all children
Health Cards for everyone
Proof that the children attend school or proof of School Board's permission to home school.
Social Insurance card, or ample letters from Revenue Canada to prove such.
All addressed stuff has to go back and match to the same proof of address paper.
also, they require/request employment documentation and bank information. Not having either of those requires a whole whack of investigation.

Not having just one of those documents will disqualify you from procuring welfare, or any other government benefit dealies.

To get the kids into school - again, if you can't provide it, the kids can't go
Birth Certificate or Proof of Citizenship
Health Card
Proof of Address (utility bill in the parent's name, a lease, etcetera)
Immunization card

To go get any of this shit legally is hell on earth. To get it faked and have it all tie in together with everybody would be doubleshitty.

I dunno, somehow it works here.

Um, no ... not really. That's what it takes to get it as a Canadian. As an immigrant, there's all kinds of loopholes. First off is that "your paperwork is in process". That usually hops three quarters of the red tape.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
You still have to prove that the paperwork is in process...with government documents that say so. Been there done that.

Maybe Ontario is just the meanest of them all.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
When Larry went, I panicked and went through some of the process.

I was denied it for Riley because I didn't have a birth certificate for him.

To top it off, because it was the end of June when I went, they weren't going to give it to me at all for the kids because the school was closed, and I couldn't get a letter from the school to prove they went there.

I was given 8 weeks based on proof that I'd applied for one to present a Social Insurance Card for myself, and if I didn't, I was to be cut off.

HomeLAN

They're not that restrictive here, I don't believe.

As for getting the wool pulled over on you as an employer, that happens. It's not criminal on the employer's part, just on the employee's. Fire and report him.

OTOH, it's also sometimes pretty easy to spot a forged/false document. Hell, the enforcement agencies have aids online to help you. If you accept such docs with a nod and a wink, someone still has to sign the I-9 stating that it looked Okay to him. Start busting people when it's obvious they should have known better, but signed anyways.

It's gotta be two-pronged enforcement. Send the illegal home, and send the enabling unethical employer to prison for a while.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
In my small experience, they really don't give a flying fuck who you are.

They don't even look...it's just sticking out their hand saying gimme papers. If you can't, they don't talk at all. Come back when you got em. Here's the list.

MrBishop

Professur said:
You wanna make up your mind there, buddy? Either you're for the gov't sharing departmental info, or you're against it. And .... the phone program has already been explained. If you can't be bothered to read it, that's your lookout. If you didn't understand it, ask .... in that thread.

Who said anything about me being against sharing dept. info? The phone thing don't come into it.

Yeah...phone companies are allowed to know which number you called and for how long..for billing purposes. It's considered private info and they keep it in house (or they're supposed to anyway). GVTs are supposed to go through due process to get said info. That the GVT is skipping due process and getting confidential information from private companies (such as the phone company) is not the same as the FBI getting info from the CIA...or Immigration being tipped off by the IRS.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
They're not that restrictive here, I don't believe.

As for getting the wool pulled over on you as an employer, that happens. It's not criminal on the employer's part, just on the employee's. Fire and report him.

OTOH, it's also sometimes pretty easy to spot a forged/false document. Hell, the enforcement agencies have aids online to help you. If you accept such docs with a nod and a wink, someone still has to sign the I-9 stating that it looked OKay to him. Start busting people when it's obviosu they should have known better, but signed anyways.

It's gotta be two-pronged enforcement. Send the illegal hime, and send the enabling unethical employer to prison for a while.
Between getting more restrictive on gov't services, and this what you've posted, that'd be a great start, I think.

I have to say that I can't believe that a huge majority of illegal immigrants actually are taking the welfare, but a few simple rules would cut down on many who are.

Professur

MrBishop said:
Who said anything about me being against sharing dept. info? The phone thing don't come into it.

Yeah...phone companies are allowed to know which number you called and for how long..for billing purposes. It's considered private info and they keep it in house (or they're supposed to anyway). GVTs are supposed to go through due process to get said info. That the GVT is skipping due process and getting confidential information from private companies (such as the phone company) is not the same as the FBI getting info from the CIA...or Immigration being tipped off by the IRS.

Um, just a short 101 on phone systems. Up here, we're blessed (cursed) with a monopoly phone system. In the US, however, anyone and his brother can own phone lines. Even up here, if you call Gaspe, your call leaves the Bell network and enters the Telus lines. Up north, you run into Telebec. Out west, Rogers. All the call information is passed up and down that chain. There's not even the presumption of privacy at that point.

Now, I didn't look into detail on the phone thing, but to the best of my knowledge, they're not keeping in that database voice recordings of all the calls. Just their details. That's about one step above public domain.

HomeLAN

Leslie said:
Between getting more restrictive on gov't services, and this what you've posted, that'd be a great start, I think.

I have to say that I can't believe that a huge majority of illegal immigrants actually are taking the welfare, but a few simple rules would cut down on many who are.

See, that's the problem. You can't do that without being called a racist.

Hell, my state took steps to do just that on the gov't services side, and representatives of the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT publicly called Georgia racist.

Inkara1

I should also mention the Matricula Consular... the card for Mexican nationals in other counrties (mostly here) issued by the Mexican government. Most large banks will accept it for opening an account now, too. It's easy to get the fake papers needed to get one, too.

Winky

Inky they will sell em' a HOUSE in this town
with far less than that.

There are actually multiple mortgage companies
that are specifically targeting illegals to sell em houses.

Yeah all is lost, long ago...

Altron

Professur said:
But it only matters to a few.

Decent hardworking people might be on welfare/unemployment for a little if they get laid off (often outsourced to Mexico or India or China or something, sometimes just cut out of the chain, like sales people) and have trouble finding a new job, but they're US citizens, they are just getting a little support until they can find a new job.

Wetbacks, otoh, are gonna live off the system, collectin' Welfare checks.

imo, our best option is to keep the wetbacks around, because cheap construction is nice, but we make 'em all US Citizens and therefore taxpayers. And we don't let people collect welfare for more than one of every ten years that they are a US citizen. That way, someone who is fourty can have up to 4 years to find a new job, but Pedro Gonzales is gonna need to work for ten years before he can start livin' off my tax money, and even then, he only has a year before he puts more gas in the mower and gets workin'!

Winky

Yeah give 'em all instant free citizenship, Fuck yeah
Like was done in 86
Look how well that has worked out.
Shit, fire all the ICE guys and let er rip
at this rate we'll be solidly a third werld country in no time.
(and a white minority nation as well)

I'm tellin' those of you in the other parts of the nation.

When a brown flood overwhelms vast portions of your town (city)
it doesn’t become a better place. (well duh)

Actually it goes straight to fuckin' Hell!

Oh and don't try to tell me J-Lo's fat ass is sexy!

HomeLAN

imo, our best option is to keep the wetbacks around, because cheap construction is nice, but we make 'em all US Citizens and therefore taxpayers. And we don't let people collect welfare for more than one of every ten years that they are a US citizen.

Riiiiiiight. Reward the illegal behavior. You must love what the Pres wants to do then.

Shall we simply schedule at what terms in the future we will provide all illegals amnesty? Every 15 years? That way, we could plan for the incoming floods surrounding those periods and arrange crowd control. :rolleyes: