I'm putting this here as a health article *weak stomachs avoid*

unclehobart

just for you, les...

*rolls around with wild pained eyes and making grunting sounds like a wounded guinea pig*

It huuuurtsss usss.... It biiitesss.. uss... *gollum*

unclehobart

Well... it took the better part of a week... but it finally does really hurt. The surface cut is knitting nicely, but a mild infection did set in and pushed the general swelling of the joint past the point of general tolerance. The internal pressure must have backed off just enough to allow the bruising process to begin because the whole finger has taken on a lovely pale yellow hue from stem to stern. The mobility of the joint is back to day one stiff. Ah well.. so much for a quick heal.

unclehobart

I've been doing a little house cleaning. I've managed to get some hot ammonia water into the cut. Watch me do the 'owie-owie-owie' dance and shake my hand as if were on fire... which it is ... in a sense.

unclehobart

Rubber gloves? bah ... im a guy ... what the hell do I know of rubber gloves from a hole in the wall?

Besides... the very act of pulling a glove on and off the swelled digit in question would have been just as painful... probably more so.

Ardsgaine

Nah. If you get a large pair of the heavy duty type, you won't have to peel them, you can just pull them straight off...

Ardsgaine

I'm more worried about the effect of wet tape on the ends of my fingers, not to mention getting mud all over my hands and constantly having to wash them...

unclehobart

hmm... a need for durable yet supple and doesnt get muddy wet tape effect on the fingertips when playing around ... hmmm... sounds like you need to wear your wife on your fingertips when you play. :D

Ardsgaine

Would've been a lot more fun, but I don't think I would've gotten much work done. :p :)

The ugly metal contraption in the picture I posted is called a banjo, btw. Weird name, but not quite as bizarre as calling a drywall tool a bazooka (see A in the pic below). The good news is that the bazooka doesn't require gloves. It has a wheel that feeds the tape out automatically. :)