I'm putting this here as a health article *weak stomachs avoid*

unclehobart

How am I doing you ask? Much better. The wound has knitted... the joint is still swelled. I still can't close it more than 2/3. Holding weights over 10 pounds is still rather impossible.

unclehobart

Just spent 90 minutes out in the wind and cold raking up late seasonal leaves from the yard and bushes and mowing to vaccum up the chaff. Putting the finger to the task has made the joint bark up like the pain I felt on day 2. I've had to splint it to get it to shut up. I also broke open the knit... but that was to be expected. sigh.

unclehobart

unclehobart said:
It should leave a nice scar.
It did... and it still hurts; not all that bad, mind you. But I dare say I have a lifelong orthapedic owie. Its not as strong as the other fingers anymore, nor as flexible... but I don't notice it all that much unless I jar it hard... like an accidental knock on a door frame as I pass down the hall. I'm just glad its not on my right hand. Handshakes would give me a jolt.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Bummer man. I've got one of those on my right fuck you finger. It really only bothers me when lifting something heavy or when I'm laying carpet it's throbbing almost constant, but that's not as bad somehow, you just learn to ignore it after a bit.

Professur

My pistolwhip scar still bugs me from time to time too. Fingers jsut aren't designed to take a beating.

Professur

Nope. Not that I was a whole lot of help on that score. Although, if they'd had a recorded hooked up to the security camera, they might have.

Inkara1

Interesting how doing a search to see if my gross-out thread had a precedent turned up this thread.