In your fridge...

tonksy

We have 2 bottles of ketchup and 2 bottles of mustard. We don't mix them because one set is allergy safe for Rob and the others are for general population.

Inkara1

Nixy said:
Why don't you pour all the mustard into one bottle.

That would make for some interesting flavors, mixing the French's yellow with the Grey Poupon, the Gulden's, etc.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
That would make for some interesting flavors, mixing the French's yellow with the Grey Poupon, the Gulden's, etc.

You crazy people and your different kinds of mustard.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
We have the CHOICE too, I just don't really know anyone who CHOOSES anything other than plain ol' yellow mustard.

abooja

Dijon's good for cooking, deli/brown mustard for hot dogs and corned beef, and French's for coating catfish. :nerd:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
abooja said:
Dijon's good for cooking, deli/brown mustard for hot dogs and corned beef, and French's for coating catfish. :nerd:

MUSTARD ON FISH???

The newfie in me (which is 100%) wants to kick you really hard right about it :eek:

abooja

Nixy said:
MUSTARD ON FISH???
Sure. The rare times I make fried catfish, I coat one side with mustard then dip the whole thing in a Cajun-seasoned cornmeal/flour mixture. Serve it with homemade tartar sauce and hushpuppies with hot sauce. :licklips:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
*Nixy goes to school thoroughly baffled about putting mustard on fish*

tonksy

Nix? It's not really fish...It's Catfish. You either roll it in cornmeal and fry it or use something pungent like mustard to cook it with.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Translation: It's fish, not seafood.

And can't nobody but a Southerner properly prepare catfish. I'll give Boo the benefit of the doubt cuz I think she learned how from a Southerner. Plus, I already gave her her Honorary Southerner Card years ago... :winkkiss:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Translation: It's fish, not seafood.

And can't nobody but a Southerner properly prepare catfish. I'll give Boo the benefit of the doubt cuz I think she learned how from a Southerner. Plus, I already gave her her Honorary Southerner Card years ago... :winkkiss:

Cod is fish, halibut is fish...I wouldn't cook either of those with mustard.