In your fridge...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Winky said:
Well Alfie that's the flawed (from a thermodynamic point of view)
that was handed down from Mommy to daughter in this case...
Whoa. You're a chick? That's mindblowing.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Winky said:
that still freaks me out
BeardofPants said:
I agree with winky....
*waits for the sky to fall

Then you'll love this. The current bottle of mayo (~3kg) is now about 1 month old, and it looks like it will last a good month or month and a half more. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
Then you'll love this. The current bottle of mayo (~3kg) is now about 1 month old, and it looks like it will last a good month or month and a half more. :D

ewwww this makes me sick just thinking about it...post a pic of the label will ya?

AlphaTroll

Luis G said:

Dude, you're going to die.

And I have nothing to wear to the funeral :mope:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
AlphaTroll said:
Dude, you're going to die.

And I have nothing to wear to the funeral :mope:

I'm wondering if their mayonnaise is somehow different...I don't know that I've EVER seen a 3kg jar of mayo :eyebrow: That is why I wanna see a pic of the label (I DEFINATELY don't wanna see the contents...)

AlphaTroll

We get those big sizes, but I think you can only buy them at catering supply shops. Getting through a bottle like that would possibly take me & my entire family a year or so.

tonksy

Luis? Are you using that lime mayo I see in the hispanic groceries/ Maybe they have a stabilizer or something :shrug:

AlphaTroll

Ooh - the best mayo in the world in Nando's Perinaise
prod_07_range.jpg

(Absolutely divine on hot spuds)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It has come to my attention that some of you have no idea what apple butter is. God. I cannot imagine a life like that. Seriously. How...dismal.

Yet another reason I give thanks to a benevolent God daily that in His infinite wisdom He saw fit to love me enough to have made me, and bless me enough to keep me, a rural Southerner.

I remember helping my grandmother make it the old way...in a brass kettle over an open fire. It took all day just to cook it down, not including the time it took to prep the apples. Now people make it this way in crock pots and such. I make it that way now too. It's good, but not anything near as good as the old method made it. Then again, what ever is? Still, crock pot apple butter is far superior to the thought of life with no apple butter. I can't fathom it. If made right, you can put a spoonful on your forehead, and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it.

Thankfully, mom had canned a few pints this winter, so we can replace some of what burned up in the fire. :crying4: This fall, when the good apples come in, it'll be a high priority to get several pints made and canned. If it's any good, I might be persuaded to ship a few so the rest of y'all can live fuller lives for the experience of having tasted apple butter.

tonksy

Apple butter is so yum, but pumpkin butter is divine...and looks less like baby poo.....not much less but less.

AlphaTroll

The applebutter sound yum - like something we have with pork or roast.

Do you guys eat crabapples? I made a batch of crabapple jelly a week or so ago - it's delicious with cold meats.

HomeLAN

SouthernN'Proud said:
This fall, when the good apples come in, it'll be a high priority to get several pints made and canned. If it's any good, I might be persuaded to ship a few so the rest of y'all can live fuller lives for the experience of having tasted apple butter.

If you can't get to it, let me know. I'll make a run to Mercier's in Blue Ridge and pick you some up. It ain't homemade, but it's good enough to be an acceptable substitute.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'd have sworn it was 3kg, it is almost 2kg.

It does have lemon juice, and as you can see in the 2nd pic the mayo is just fine.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
I'd have sworn it was 3kg, it is almost 2kg.

It does have lemon juice, and as you can see in the 2nd pic the mayo is just fine.

If it has lemon juice it ain't like any mayo I've ever seen.

tonksy

Nixy said:
If it has lemon juice it ain't like any mayo I've ever seen.
That's why i think he can keep it at room temp. I remember seeing lime mayo alot, I often wanted to try it but couldn't justify a whole jar, what if i hate it? Rob won't touch the stuff.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
That's why i think he can keep it at room temp. I remember seeing lime mayo alot, I often wanted to try it but couldn't justify a whole jar, what if i hate it? Rob won't touch the stuff.

Looks like that one is lime too...unless they have crazy green lemons in mexico :eyebrow: