In your fridge...

Starya

Behold, the fridge of Starya.

The one thing that should always be present is ketchup. No ketchup means grumpy kid.

Threw in a pick of "my" mayo. Just clip a hole and squeeese..

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
But atleast you refridgerate your mayo :p

*remembers pop bottles that shape in Germany* although...they never kept theirs in the fridge...

Starya

Hm, are yours more like this?

1754.jpg

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Starya said:
What other shape would they have? And.. They drink warm Pepsi?? :|

Coke actually...orange juice...everything...maybe it was just the CRAZY people I stayed with though...

Our bottles look like this...

1%20lt%20006.jpg

That's a 1L bottle but the 2L ones are the same but bigger (I have a bottle of 7-up and a bottle of Pepsi sitting on my cupboard but I was to lazy to go take a pic...so I spent like 10min googling it :D)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Starya said:
Hm, are yours more like this?

1754.jpg

the 710mL pepsi brand bottles yes and the 590mL or whatever they are look like that too but shorter...for the smaller bottles Coke has their own design...

Starya

Hm, those large ones look kinda impractical to handle to me..

A closeup of my beloved beverage. :D 1.5 litre bottle.

Over here pop comes in bottles of 0.5 and 1.5 litre, and look pretty much the same apart from size. Back when I was young *cough* they had 1 litre bottles (later it became 1.5), these looked more like yours, and were kinda "soft" and hard to pour from.

Inkara1

Starya said:
Behold, the fridge of Starya.

The one thing that should always be present is ketchup. No ketchup means grumpy kid.

Threw in a pick of "my" mayo. Just clip a hole and squeeese..
1932? Damn, that's some old milk.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Nixy said:
Looks like that one is lime too...unless they have crazy green lemons in mexico :eyebrow:

Lime is sweeter than lemon, and there's also lime-lemon.

Over here, regular lemons have a diameter of 3 to 7cm, however there are these "royal lemons" that have a diameter well over 20cm.

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
Reminds me of some movie:
Mother to child "Drink your milk!"
"But it's all lumpy!"
"Then chew it!"

Gross....

Mommy, mommy, why am I running in circles?
Shut up or I'll nail your other foot to the floor.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
It has come to my attention that some of you have no idea what apple butter is. God. I cannot imagine a life like that. Seriously. How...dismal.

Yet another reason I give thanks to a benevolent God daily that in His infinite wisdom He saw fit to love me enough to have made me, and bless me enough to keep me, a rural Southerner.

I remember helping my grandmother make it the old way...in a brass kettle over an open fire. It took all day just to cook it down, not including the time it took to prep the apples. Now people make it this way in crock pots and such. I make it that way now too. It's good, but not anything near as good as the old method made it. Then again, what ever is? Still, crock pot apple butter is far superior to the thought of life with no apple butter. I can't fathom it. If made right, you can put a spoonful on your forehead, and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it.

Thankfully, mom had canned a few pints this winter, so we can replace some of what burned up in the fire. :crying4: This fall, when the good apples come in, it'll be a high priority to get several pints made and canned. If it's any good, I might be persuaded to ship a few so the rest of y'all can live fuller lives for the experience of having tasted apple butter.

Well, call me a sucker but while I was in the US, I looked in at a grocery and did manage to find a jar of this fabled Mana from Heaven. To be totally honest ... I wasn't much impressed. I suppose I'll have to attribute it to it being a late season, commercial product (for all that it's one of those small jar, health food types). Mum liked it, and want's the recipe, but I really couldn't tell it from a high concentrate apple sauce. :shrug: Sure wasn't worth $4 a jar.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
Storebought. Always sucks. Why do you think we go to the trouble of canning our own?
Coz you're cheap and the stores are too far away?

Anyways, mum was after me again last night for the recipe, so evidently it made an impression on her. She's got some home made applesauce from a woman in church from the fall, so that's gonna be sacrificed.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Professur said:
Coz you're cheap and the stores are too far away?

While both are true, they are not the reason.

Professur said:
Anyways, mum was after me again last night for the recipe, so evidently it made an impression on her. She's got some home made applesauce from a woman in church from the fall, so that's gonna be sacrificed

I'd give ya the one I use, passed from my grandmother, but it's a little charred right now. I'll get it back from my parents in due time.

rrfield

Mmmm applebutter. Two towns over has an annual applebutter festival.

Things always in my fridge
Milk
butter
eggs
1/3 of a head of rotten lettuce
6 or 7 bottles of mustard, 1/6 full each
bbq sauce

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
rrfield said:
Mmmm applebutter. Two towns over has an annual applebutter festival.

Things always in my fridge
Milk
butter
eggs
1/3 of a head of rotten lettuce
6 or 7 bottles of mustard, 1/6 full each
bbq sauce

Why don't you pour all the mustard into one bottle.