Israel? Gaza? Hamas? Who? What? Where?

2minkey

bootlicker
sure that's a great reason to encroach onto land that doesn't belong to you and to beat the shit out of the locals.

chcr

Too cute for words
It's got nothing to do with machismo. It has everything to do with protection & sovereignty.

I'll take it, from your answer, you'd continue to alow them to abuse & provoke you?

I really don't know and neither do you. It would entirely depend on the circumstances. I do know that in Gaza the average Palestinian understands that standing up to Hamas in any way is dooming yourself and your family. It's easy to talk about standing up to them from halfway around the world. It's something else again to sentence your wife and children to death to make a point. :shrug:

BTW, you do realize that in your fantasy scenario you'd be the one arrested and sent to prison, right?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
the average Palestinian understands that standing up to Hamas in any way is dooming yourself and your family

Damned if ya do & damned if ya don't.

One would think, after 50 years of abuse from all sides. they'd stop relying on outsiders.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Should Germany re-invade Poland for the loss of land from WW2? (I was just looking at a WW1 map & the lines certainly have changed)

2minkey

bootlicker
should we be seizing land in germany as we feel like it? golly i think i'd like to open a sauerkraut hut in dusseldorf! hey, we won the war!!!

if every year your rude hypothetical neighbor took another three feet of your backyard - and hit you or your snot-faced kid with a baseball bat anytime you said "hey, that's my yard," would you just lay back and take it?

and what if that same neighbor suddenly owned the company you work for?

feeling good about this yet?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Israel is taking land? :bs:

They were attacked...they beat back the attackers. (twice)

They used the attackers land to create a buffer zone.(twice)

This time, they entered an area controlled by a faction of the previos attackers to make them stop attacking.

Where was all this concern of yours 6 months ago when rockets were landing in Israel? Several a day, every day...I don't recall any UN Security Council resolutions telling Hamas to quit.

JJR512

Well, clearly, there can only be one possible good solution to this issue. It's quite apparent to me now that the USA needs to invade the area, smack the local people around a bit, execute the political heads, put our own people in place, and tell them what to do with themselves and their newly God-given* peace.

* "God-give" of course means "USA-given" because of course the USA is the ultimate power in the world.

Hey, it worked in Iraq, right? :rofl2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Perhaps I'm mistaken. When did Israel invade a sovereign nation & plunder goods & seize land?

2minkey

bootlicker
they've been leeching land for years gonz. where you been?

are you your own sovereign nation? no? then perhaps it's just fine if your neighbor starts grabbing that three feet every year, huh?

attempts to elevate the discussion to imaginary formality will only get you...

Giving%20The%20Finger.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
As property owners, we are, in our own way, sovereign nations. So, the neightbor starts a war & loses, I'll take 10' of his & put an eight foot fence up. Seems reasonable. When the debris starts raining over the top, it escalates until, eventually, I own his property & kick him off it.

2minkey

bootlicker
As property owners, we are, in our own way, sovereign nations. So, the neightbor starts a war & loses, I'll take 10' of his & put an eight foot fence up. Seems reasonable. When the debris starts raining over the top, it escalates until, eventually, I own his property & kick him off it.

sure. don't forget to kill his some of his kids while you're at it. and don't wonder why his remaining kids hate your guts.

MrBishop

Israel is taking land? :bs:

They were attacked...they beat back the attackers. (twice)

They used the attackers land to create a buffer zone.(twice)

This time, they entered an area controlled by a faction of the previos attackers to make them stop attacking.

Where was all this concern of yours 6 months ago when rockets were landing in Israel? Several a day, every day...I don't recall any UN Security Council resolutions telling Hamas to quit.
Israel is settling land (legally and illegally) and expanding their providence.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why aren't the 1917 palestinian territories properly marked by actual controllers of the land? (Jordan, Syria, Egypt, etc)

From 1948 until 1967, Israel was happy with their land. It wasn't until they were attacked, again, then repeatedly, that they began incusions into Gaza & the West Bank.

2minkey

bootlicker
what matters is who had LIVED THERE for generations longer than anyone can remember.

hey gonz, the native americans want your little plot of land back. whattya think? they been gone less than two centuries.

obviously a much more substantial claim than perhaps a group of people that hadn't really lived around there for more than ten centuries, huh?

shit maybe the vikings should reclaim some english coastal towns right about now, huh?

hey lemme check with some people i know - maybe i can help get you that job as mascot for the IDF. i can see you're up to speed on your cheers and pom pom routines! now i wonder if the suit would fit after you quit smoking...

JJR512

I vaguely remember some bits in the Bible about Jews and Israel. I don't remember anything about Palestine or Palestinians.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
what matters is who had LIVED THERE for generations longer than anyone can remember.

Jordanians? Egyptians? Syrians? Lebanese? Arabs, in general? Jews?

The group you're talking about have been nomadic since...well, since. They never had a formal government. They didn't live in Camel Shits in the Desert estates. They've been kicked around by the more formally united Arabs since, well, since. Nobody wants them. Nobody wants to protect them. Nobody wants to take up their cause. They are scapegoats for some Arab leaders to get their subjects looking elsewhere. Once they stop allowing outsiders to come in & creat havoc, in their name, there will be peace. Many, many Palestians, Arabs in general for that matter, live peaceably in Israel. All's well until you start bombing shit.