Israel vs ...

spike

Professur said:
You missed the point. You were discussing the importance of the uniform. but then neither of the org's under discussion wear uniforms .... ever. Under the standard rules of engagement .... how exactly do you not kill civilians?

Gonz said: "Men in uniforms vs animals hiding behind women & children". In order to justify lawfullness of terrorism by on side and not the other.

It is pretty clear that neither side is acting lawfully.

Professur

spike said:
Gonz said: "Men in uniforms vs animals hiding behind women & children". In order to justify lawfullness of terrorism by on side and not the other.

My previous statement about the importance of the uniform.

Since there are no 'soldiers' on the other side in uniform ... there is no law to apply, regardless of what the UN likes to say.

I differ.

If you have two opposing soldiers in a standoff, and one soldier pulls a civilian in front of him as a shield ..... is the other soldier obliged to stand there and be shot?

Professur

MrBishop said:
If you look closer, you might just see the sarcasm that went flying right over your head.

Irritating as hell when that happens, ain't it?
Hey, has the fake tattoo washed off yet?

spike

MrBishop said:
If you look closer, you might just see the sarcasm that went flying right over your head.

How was I to tell it was sarcasm? Seems some would type the same thing with no sarcasm intended.

spike

Professur said:
My previous statement about the importance of the uniform.

Since there are no 'soldiers' on the other side in uniform ... there is no law to apply, regardless of what the UN likes to say.

I differ.

If you have two opposing soldiers in a standoff, and one soldier pulls a civilian in front of him as a shield ..... is the other soldier obliged to stand there and be shot?

If the this scenario where the only time civilians were being killed you'd have a point.

In general it is fairly obvious that both sides are breaking the law and all attempts to simplify the situation to good vs. bad are foolhardly.

It's just a little more complex than that. Peace comes from better understanding.

Professur

spike said:
If the this scenario where the only time civilians were being killed you'd have a point.

In general it is fairly obvious that both sides are breaking the law and all attempts to simplify the situation to good vs. bad are foolhardly.

It's just a little more complex than that. Peace comes from better understanding.

So close. Peace comes from ..... wanting peace. When one side's public declaration is that "we won't stop until they're erradicated" .... I don't think understanding is the problem.

Bish, the Maxi on Chemin Chambly and Jack Cartier has a big bunch of the Star trek movies 3/$25 if you're interested. I picked up the original and Wrath of Khan, but they also had Nemesis, Insurrection and First Contact.

Sorry to sidetrack, spike. Bish and I so seldom have the chance to have a civil discussion these days.

spike

Professur said:
So close. Peace comes from ..... wanting peace. When one side's public declaration is that "we won't stop until they're erradicated" .... I don't think understanding is the problem.

Individuals from both sides have said that from time to time.

Nobody doesn't want peace, it's grievances, hatred, and revenge that get in the way. Understanding why the other side nturally lessens those things.

Winky

"Peace comes from better understanding."

Gee and all this time I thought it came from the point of a gun.

When the war was won!

Or if as you propose, Israel surrendered?

(ain't gonna happen bub)

Professur

We may as well leave that there, then, spike. You see them as humain people doing what they think is best, I see them as blinded sheep being led by the nose by power hungry leaders. Pretty much the standard liberal/conservative fenceline.

Good talking with ya, tho. We should do this again.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Spike: The USA and their (current) allies are the good guys. Anyone not a current ally is a bad guy. Good guys do good things, bad guys are all terrorist scum and do bad things. Good guys do good by killing all bad guys. The End

*This elementary definition brought to you by the NRP.
**Apply definition liberally

Finally, you see the light.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
spike said:

Since you find the Military to be just another terrorist organization I believe you are now ignored. You can't differentiate reality from your twisted little ideolic wishful thinking mind.

spike said:
Nobody doesn't want peace,
Correct.

MrBishop

spike said:
How was I to tell it was sarcasm? Seems some would type the same thing with no sarcasm intended.
I'm sure that you'll find with some time here that many members are actually that conservative and others just play conservatives on TV. Many go over the top merely to prove a point...or to draw out weaknesses. There is a smattering of liberals and fence-sitters as well...just not very many in the 'real world' forum. :shrug:

The point I was trying to make was that you're fighting a losing battle... you simply won't change their minds. The USA simply can do no wrong in many people's eyes.

MrBishop

Professur said:
Bish, the Maxi on Chemin Chambly and Jack Cartier has a big bunch of the Star trek movies 3/$25 if you're interested. I picked up the original and Wrath of Khan, but they also had Nemesis, Insurrection and First Contact.

Sorry to sidetrack, spike. Bish and I so seldom have the chance to have a civil discussion these days.
Thanks... DVD for that price, I'm assuming. I'd probably go for 1,2 and First Contact. I don't much care for the others.

spike

Gonz said:
Since you find the Military to be just another terrorist organization I believe you are now ignored. You can't differentiate reality from your twisted little ideolic wishful thinking mind.

Correction I see the military as capable of doing illegal things. Which they clearly have. Do you think nothing you do can ever be wrong if you're in a uniform?

spike

MrBishop said:
The point I was trying to make was that you're fighting a losing battle... you simply won't change their minds. The USA simply can do no wrong in many people's eyes.

Thanks, should have read that before asking the question in my post above.

spike

Professur said:
We may as well leave that there, then, spike. You see them as humain people doing what they think is best, I see them as blinded sheep being led by the nose by power hungry leaders. Pretty much the standard liberal/conservative fenceline.

Good talking with ya, tho. We should do this again.

Anytime. Though I do wonder why "blinded sheep led by power hungry leaders" is applied so selectively when you could easily use the big brush there and hit most countries with it.

It could even be applied when people refuse to believe that a country like Israel can do any wrong when there is sooo much evidence to the contrary.

highwayman

spike said:
It could even be applied when people refuse to believe that a country like Israel can do any wrong when there is sooo much evidence to the contrary.

So, you think it is wrong for a person or a country to defend itself? I am glad that you are not next to me in a fox hole...

Professur

spike said:
Anytime. Though I do wonder why "blinded sheep led by power hungry leaders" is applied so selectively when you could easily use the big brush there and hit most countries with it.

You're new here, so you wouldn't know .... but I'm not selective about it. I apply that to any large congregation of humanity. I tend to the same opinion of people as Kay from MiB.