Let's see 'em!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
Actually, she was dead on. Winky was the one with the communications issues.

Thank you, I was beginning to think I was losing my mind!

Inkara1

Altron said:
I will take pics tomarrow. Just browsing your pictures, I know three things to be true:

1. I have more monitors than you.
2. They are bigger than yours.
3. The above two things are true.
1. How many?
2. How big?
3. I'm pretty happy with my 17" Samsung LCD so it's not like a larger monitor is going to give me penis envy.

Inkara1

Mirlyn said:
I'll bite.

desk.jpg
Someday I'll get my desk to be as clean as yours.

Mirlyn

Inkara1 said:
Someday I'll get my desk to be as clean as yours.
Hey, I moved in July. Cut me some slack.

Perhaps I should take pics of the box pile behind it?

Professur

Altron said:
I will take pics tomarrow. Just browsing your pictures, I know three things to be true:

The rest of us use KVM switches. And my monitor support won't take much more than the 20" Goldstar I've got on it already.

HomeLAN

Altron said:

Here's a fourth - no one gives a shit.

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
The rest of us use KVM switches.

That and virtual destops. I can select any computer in the house by clicking a shortcut in my Start menu in Windows or panel in Linux. Saves a lot of space.

Altron

HomeLAN said:
Here's a fourth - no one gives a shit.

Hmm... somebody jealous for my four 21" monitors [that I can't hook up at the same time because I have never gotten three video cards to work in one PC] :D

Do you really think that I think that I am better than you all because of my monitors? Sarcasm, my friend.

Anyway, here's two of 'em. (Desk is too small for two. Most I can fit is the 21" and one 19")

HPIM0643.jpg

LCD? Fuck it.

Inkara1

1. The shelf doesn't appear to be up to the job of holding up that receiver and CD changer.
2. Are those speakers magnetically shielded?
3. Looks like that basement has had some flooding problems in the past. I wouldn't recommend having your computers sitting on the floor.

HeXp£Øi±

I see that some of you have nice chairs. :swing:
I just can't stand a dinky little chair with no armrests. Also those flimsy little desks just don't cut it either. Half the time i have my feet on the desk itself with the keyboard on my lap and one of those wallyworld desks would, i'm sure, collapse under such circumstances. I guess if i wasn't sitting at my machine for six hours a day i wouldn't worry about being so comfortable. :)

chcr

Too cute for words
HeXp£Øi± said:
I just can't stand a dinky little chair with no armrests. Also those flimsy little desks just don't cut it either. Half the time i have my feet on the desk itself with the keyboard on my lap and one of those wallyworld desks would, i'm sure, collapse under such circumstances. I guess if i wasn't sitting at my machine for six hours a day i wouldn't worry about being so comfortable. :)
There's not much in life more important than a comfortable place to rest your ass. :swing:

Altron

Inkara1 said:
1. The shelf doesn't appear to be up to the job of holding up that receiver and CD changer.
2. Are those speakers magnetically shielded?
3. Looks like that basement has had some flooding problems in the past. I wouldn't recommend having your computers sitting on the floor.

1. The shelf is fine. I had the camera slightly tilted, so it looks more warped than it really is. In reality, the center is only about a quarter inch under the edges, and that reciever is a good 25 lbs. The chains holding it up are rated for like 160 lbs each. The shelf itself is 3/4" MDF. I should have ran two 2x4s under it for extra support, but whatever. A project for the next time I move stuff around.

2. Nope. That's why they're pretty far away from the CRT. They have pretty small magnets. No issues at all with EMI.

3. Basement doesn't flood. Never had a flooding issue since we moved in around 1990. In the event that it does flood, it would take two inches of water to damage anything. The things that would break with 2 inches of water are small peanuts compared to what would happen if there was two inches of water in the basement. My computer isn't on the floor, it's on the cart, which is 4+l inches off the floor.

It looks ghetto, but it's strong.

Winky

" Let's see em' " has the connotation of the fleamale membah's
bustin' em' out Now don't go callin' me a 'Dirty old man'

I'm middle aged AND shower daily!

Starya

HeXp£Øi± said:
This is my nice chair. Got it cheap from a second hand store. It also used to serve it's duty in the kitchen when we ate, but I have now invested in two cheap folding chairs. Weee.

Altron

HPIM0882.jpg

Gonna take more than a sneeze for that.

From left to right, top to bottom -
Optonica SA-5205 reciever
Furman surge protector, MX1000 cradle, DLink switch
My PC
Infinity Beta 40
KDS 15" LCD (1024x768 native, that's how I run it)
IBM Model M mech keyboard (circa '97)
Mitsubishi Diamondtron 22" CRT (2048x1536 max, 1280x1024 normal use)
Logitech MX1000 mouse
Sony Trinitron 19" CRT (1600x1200 max, 1152x864 normal use)
Infinity Beta 40

It's the same shelf as before, this time with a pair of 2x2 beams under it for extra support and 2"x.25" aspen strips around the edges.
The desk is about 2" thick plywood, with thick adjustable metal legs.

And the mousepad is, of course, "Lovely day for a GUINNESS"