List of filtered words...

[b]

it's not like i go around using the "n-word" as an everyday expression. and who knows if i'll ever use it again. but the whole idea that there is only one word in the whole of language that is "bad" enough to warrent censorship pisses me off. their are other words that some people find just as offensive as the "n-word" and to block one w/out blocking the others is hypocratic.

and to have one admin remove it and another go right back and add it is hilarious to me. i seriously think there should be some sort of vote as to whether or not there should be an auto censor program running on OTC.

unclehobart

Jerrek said:
This is indeed silly. I can't see a difference between this and the EU banning the book Mein Kampf. Why not censor the word "fuck" then? Or gringo? Or kafer?
Its a personal choice by the owner of the site. The general perception of said word is utterly deplorable in his country of origin. concepts like gringo and mein kampf arent. Its not a democracy, nor does it have to make sense. Its just an end to make said owner comfortable.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
without discussing with the rest of the admins and mods nothing is set in stone.
and to have one admin remove it and another go right back and add it is hilarious to me. i seriously think there should be some sort of vote as to whether or not there should be an auto censor program running on OTC.
And as the owner i do have the right to override a decision if i feel it was made in hast to make 2 members feel better. There is a bigger picture to look at.
And not everything will be left to a vote.
Whoreable now that you have shown your maturity level i know what im dealing with.
And that is the reason that most places do have a censor in place.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Seems to me that if a word is used as an insult against things that cannot be changed (gender, race, a handicap) it needn't be censored, except by the author. Unfortunately, some have the sense of a rock.

ipmoof

Gonz said:
Seems to me that if a word is used as an insult against things that cannot be changed (gender, race, a handicap) it needn't be censored, except by the author. Unfortunately, some have the sense of a rock.

ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[b]

sam: as the owner (which i guess i never picked up on) you do have that right. but since there are people here (i'm not one) that do help pay to support the site those people should have just as much right to decide as well. decisions that effect the working of the board should be put up to vote, even if it's a closed vote to contributors only.

Whoreable now that you have shown your maturity level i know what im dealing with.
And that is the reason that most places do have a censor in place.

As far as Whoreable's current behavior regarding the subject, I believe his posts on this thread border on violating the AUP. Section 4.7.1 by being "excessively obscene or abusive."

The job of the mod in this situation should be to censor his individual posts and consider a temporary ban.

There is absolutely no point behind what he's posting or why. But his behavior should not be proof as to why an auto censor should be in place, but proof that mods should watching and stopping stuff like that.

whoreable

YEA SEEING ALL THESE ****** ASTERIKS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I MEAN MAYBE A BAN SHOULD BE CONSIDERED. BUT I GUESS YOU GUYS SEE MY ASTERIKS AS SOMETHING RACIST OR SOMETHING. GEE THE CONTEXT HE USES THOSE ASTERIKS IS JUST TERRIBLE. I MEAN HIM SAYING THE WORD NO MATTER WHAT IS BAD. EVEN THOUGH I WANT IT TO NOT BE CENSORED.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
jerrek the decision wasnt respected, no need to smooth it over.

The donations are just that donations to keep the site up. It pays for the host, and the software when necessary. Not to determine the day to day operations or the inner working of how the site is ran.
While we do on most things take a vote(which we have seen in the past get corrupted by a few) not everything will or is necessary to take a vote on.
We have made sure that almost everythig within reason that has been asked for has been given to the site. But it seems that sometimes that is not enough for some.

But let me ask you this. If the word is not autocensored (which by the way i took the only word out) and a mod goes into the post and does his job is that not censoring? and then we are in the same boat. members complaining that a mod is doing his job.
where do you draw the line?