My TV hates my DVD player

Q

I have a GE 27" cable ready TV. I got a Sanyo DVD player about 6 months ago and I can't make them work together. I read the directions 50 times....not that it did any good. I pretty much figured out on my own that the red wire, the yellow wire and the white wire went in the corresponding red, yellow and white holes on the TV. It also has this spiffy extra S video jack (which the directions SWEAR, is not necessary...and the cable's not included) Good, cuz I don't happen to HAVE an S cable. So anyway...the damn DVD player just won't work. We hooked it up to the old boy's 2 bazillion inch big screen and it works like a champ. WHY the hell won't it work on my TV??:mad:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
do you have to use an auxiliary setting on the tv. I do to get the pic and stuff to show up.

Professur

The remote on my Sanyo has three input modes. Rear jacks, front jacks, and coax. Coax need to be on channel three.

Q have you RTFM?

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
usually a button on the remote. goto channel 2 and then go backwards from there.

Q

I tried all the channels on the remote. I tried 4 different remotes...and one has a menu option, but aux wasn't an option on the menu. :banghead: stupid fucking tv.:mad:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Check the nic ;)

Read The Fucking Manual

DVD out to corresponding colored jacks on the TV...put the TV on Video(1, 2, whatever) IF you use a S-video cable you do not need the red & white jacks, unhook them.

Which model TV?

Q

HEY!! blow me about the nic AND RTFM.....I READ THE GODDAMN THING. Yeah yeah yeah.....now I get it, didja'll RMFP??? Yellow-yellow, red-red, white-white. GE. :mad:

Mirlyn

Is there a Video/Input on the TV remote or something equivalent? Get a DVD playing (or audio cd) and start pushing it until you see/hear the cd.

Maybe model numbers for the television and DVD player would help us.

Professur said:
Have you called GE's 1-800 user support line?
ROFL :rofl:

Oh man....classic....classic.....*wipes tears*

Mirlyn

Yeah, try what sam said....go to a low number channel (2 or 3) and keep going down...see if it flips to Line or AUX or VIDEO or something