My TV hates my DVD player

Q

I tried ALL the channels on the TV.

I'll have to delete some crap off this HDD in order to put the camera software on to post a pic....lemme see if I can find it online.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I know you tried all the channels, Q, but 00 often is passed over by the auto tune, as it doesn't have a clear picture when auto tune is run. You have to press 00 or even 000 to make it go there.

Inkara1

And just so you know, if you have an S-video cable, it's the yellow A/V cable you unhook; the red and white ones are for the sound. If you leave the yellow one hooked in and unplug the other two, you'll have two video sources and no sound.

Remotes usually have a button on them that says "tv/video," "source," or (common for Thomson Consumer Electronics products such as yours), "input," or something along those lines. Do you still have the remote that actually came with the TV? GE/RCA TVs usually have a remote like this:

11187047rcA.jpg

...or like this:
11178504rcA.jpg

The input button should do the trick. Make sure you turn on the DVD player first, so that it's sending an image to the TV when it gets selected so you know you've selected it.

chcr

Too cute for words
Wait a sec, I have one tv that aux is on channel 00 (you have to hit it twice), one that you have to punch the "input" button and one where you have to punch the "tv/vcr" button. As Inky says, if your DVD player is on, even if there isn't a disk, you'll have some sort of picture.

Q

Ok, I don't have the original remote, but two of the ones I have look like the first pic and one came with the dvd player. I can't find the dvd Jeff brought over the other day ( I guess he took it with him :hmm: ) so tomorrow I'll try setting the tv on channel 0 and using the input button.

Professur

Odds are there was a special button to change the inputs on that original remote. Without it, you're toast.

Q

Professur said:
Odds are there was a special button to change the inputs on that original remote. Without it, you're toast.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm gonna try the other suggestions anyway. You're prolly still huffy about Norm and trying to scare me. :D

Professur

Oh, try away. But that's how my Sanyo is set up. If the original remote goes up in smoke, I'm hosed.

Q

I've been doing that for a long time...I'm thinking of going all out in a couple years and getting color. :devious:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
it's the yellow A/V cable you unhook;

DOH!! My bad...red & white are audio.

Sanyo's are notorious for remote only controls. If you're lucky, you can access what you need from the TV itself.

Inkara1

If you have a remote that looks like the first one, and it'll control the TV, it seems odd that the "input" button wouldn't work.

chcr

Too cute for words
I have a universal remote, an All-In-One, Prof. It takes care of the aux input on my Sanyo with the tv/vcr button.