Nature in the City

Professur

Eggs taste good, don't they?

Try a watergun loaded with vinigar. It's essentially harmless, but they'll not like it much.

HomeLAN

Whacking the pool cover with the skimmer pole does the job. This morning, they got ballsy. They came off the cover, but only went as far as the roof.

I took the pole and whacked the gutter with it, and that sent them off, quacking and cussing in avian fury.

A.B.Normal

HomeLAN said:
I took the pole and whacked the gutter with it, and that sent them off, quacking and cussing in avian fury.

daffy.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I wouldn't want ducks in my pool either :sick:

Today I found that we do indeed have a woodpecker again. *sigh*
And an uber friendly squirrel, too. He's sadly apt to meet the cat if he keeps that up though.

HomeLAN

You'll want to be careful about really friendly squirrels. Once again, that's a sign of rabies down here.

If a wild rodent approaches you, it's usually a good idea to back up.

MrBishop

Professur said:
But think of the effect it would have on sunday's supper ...
The duck's goose would be cooked?

With a .410, that duck would be joining the 'pink mist club' right quick!

Altron

Hit the pool cover with a stick, then once they fly off, shoot them.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a way to kill birds without waiting around all day and shooting at them? I'm considering cutting down the tree to get those motherfuckers away from the driveway. We've knocked down the nest and destroyed it. They appear to come to the tree solely for the purpose of relieving their bowels. Is there a poison or something that will kill them after they fly away? I would put some seltzer tablets there, but I don't want blood all over the car.

Professur

Go to the local farm's supply, and buy an owl. Stick that somewhere where they can see it, and they'll vanish. Small rodents too. They know a predator when they see one.

Oh, and FYI, birds don't shit on your car out of spite. Every bird automatically shits before takeoff. No point in trying to get airborne while carrying dead weight. But they also hold it in until the last minute .... so that they're not leaving trace beneath where they're hanging out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Go to the local farm's supply, and buy an owl. Stick that somewhere where they can see it, and they'll vanish. Small rodents too. They know a predator when they see one.

I feel the need to specify plastic owl :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Hey, if they've got a real owl, all the better.

I think owl poop will be a problem then...also how are you gonna make a real owl stick around?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Keep it well fed. Owls aren't stupid like cats, y'know.

You think it'd stick around if you provided it with a regular supply of rodents? really?