New Car Shopping

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
AlladinSane said:
Luis G said:
Jetta using diesel?

:eek2: that's so unknown here

Do you still call 3 volume Golfs as Jetta? Or you're referring to an old car?

Nah, Jettas are still manufactured, currently they are on the 4th generation.

Jetta
JET001_foto_03.jpg

Golf
GOL001_foto_06.jpg

Dave

i like the styling of the nissan muranos. looks kmore like a wagon on steroids than an SUV

Inkara1

The Jetta, if I remember right, is sold worldwide but is mainly made for the US market because Americans tend to like cars with trunks, whereas the rest of the world tends to prefer hatchbacks.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Well...Theres a new twist and a different top contender right now. I test drove the Toyota Solara and it blew me away.....I'm working on a deal for one fully loaded at 19K. Their hi-tech 4 cylinder outperforms their 6. This thing performs REALLY well.

Professur

Christ, you haven't bought it yet? You're worse than the missus shopping for shoes. Just run into 4 dealerships, pull a fast scout, then go home and sleep on it. Buy whichever one features most promenantly in your dreams.

Professur

You're gonna overthink it and regret it later.

When I was looking last year at cars, I thought too much about the convertible, and went with the pickup. Now I wish I had the convertible. Always go with your first choice, unless there's one helluva good reason not to.

Luis G

Staff member
They are worth it, i bet you can find them much cheaper than the price i posted (price for mx)

Luis G

Staff member
thanks Gonz, that was just what i don't wanted to see (far cheaper in the US).

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I just tried the link. I got to the main page but couldn't navigate it. :shrug:

What do you think of the Toyota MR2? I could go that way at about 20K. I have to wonder if my back would take it, though. It sits pretty low. I've always been the sportscar type but I don't know that I'm flexible enough anymore...Not with this hardware in my back.

chcr

Too cute for words
We've had a 4Runner since 1990. Last new car, in fact last car I bought period. Its always been very dependable. Considering the fuel situation, I've been thinking about a hybrid. I looked at building an electric, but the price of gas has to go up quite a lot before it would be cost effective. The Sorento looks like a good choice to me, although you might improve that fuel mileage number with a mini-van (providing you can live with the stigma).

Dave

i think the hybrids are a perfect errand car. especially in the more congested areas.

unclehobart

The bad side of a hybrid is that only the dealership has a hope in hell in working on it for miantenance and repairs. Its tech is beyond 99% of mechanics ... and 95% of the remainder don't have all of the bells and whistles to work on such vehicles. That will cost you more in the long run over any fuel savings.