New Car Shopping

Jeslek

Banned
Economic car, box, whatever you want to call it, those little pieces of shit that barely seats two people. I call them econoboxes. And yes, even my car is an econobox, not not nearly as much as that one Arris posted. :D And I can't afford better. Yet.

flavio

Banned
I say Xterra

xterra.jpg

I have a 2000 an it's been great. About the same gas mileage as that Kia though, but a bit hardier.

flavio

Banned
I used to sell cars for awhile and the only way to deal is to know the dealers cost going in and bargain from there.

Offer them a $500 profit and make it easy. Walk out the first day if they won't do it and try $800 when you come back. If they won't do that try another dealer.

I got my Xterra for $200 over cost and made them throw in floormats.

Inkara1

I haven't heard many positives about Kia's quality either. Sure, their warranty's great... but keep in mind that Chrysler's 7/70 warranty they offered starting in the 80s was great for its time too... and all it did was cost Chrysler a bunch of money because of the number of transmissions they had to replace.

Professur

Unc, you've seen the Smart before. I posted it at JJR's last year.
Hex, I've driven a Reliant Robin. I'd own one here in a heartbeat.

Pad, here's what you really want.
baja_over.jpg

alex

What is that? Looks kinda like one of those 'Brat' vehicles that had the bucket seats mounted in the bed.

I already have an old beater truck for hauling stuff so I don't need anything with a bed. I would just like something with a little versatility, prefferably enclosed. On the other hand, I would love to have a sporty beast.....decisions, decisions :(

flavio

Banned
Whatever car you decide on Squig....believe me about bargaining from the Dealer Cost and not Sticker Price.

Oh...and NEVER trust Dealer Financing. They can make more money off uninformed people with financing than they can selling you the car sometimes. Get quotes from your bank and a credit union and see if the dealer can beat it.

Don't even go near a dealership without financing quotes and vehicle dealer cost. Unless a few thousand dollars doesn't mean much to you.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I looked at them, Kruz. By the time I configure them the same as the Sorento, they run about 5K more.
Nissan has a NICE one, if I decide to go that much more...