New Car

chcr

Too cute for words
Actually, the reason you run a pressurized system and anti-freeze/coolant is to raise the boiling point of the coolant. Most madern cars run at well over 200F. Even my old TransAm's fan doesn't come on until 235.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
chcr said:
Actually, the reason you run a pressurized system and anti-freeze/coolant is to raise the boiling point of the coolant. Most madern cars run at well over 200F. Even my old TransAm's fan doesn't come on until 235.

The sales man said 70-90C...itwas 104C

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have to run to the store tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on it when I go and see what happens.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Do you guys know the downside to having a car?? I was just sitting on my ass watching TV thinking about how I need to get more work clothes (or atleast a pair of brown sandals so I can make use of all the stuff I already have) and 2 days ago I coulda been like "Meh, no way to get there." and just kept sitting on my ass...now I'm like "Ugh, guess I have to get up and go...no excuse not to"

*le sigh*

Inkara1

Nixy said:
Do you guys know the downside to having a car?? I was just sitting on my ass watching TV thinking about how I need to get more work clothes (or atleast a pair of brown sandals so I can make use of all the stuff I already have) and 2 days ago I coulda been like "Meh, no way to get there." and just kept sitting on my ass...now I'm like "Ugh, guess I have to get up and go...no excuse not to"

*le sigh*

See this? I'm playing the world's smallest violin for you. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, I shopped for like 2.5 hours and found NOTHING. My feet are too damn wide and I'm too damn tall...everything is either too skinny for my feet or the heels are too high.

Professur

Welcome to my world. Ever track down a 6.5EEE loafer? Suit jackets are always either long in the body, or short in the arms.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Welcome to my world. Ever track down a 6.5EEE loafer? Suit jackets are always either long in the body, or short in the arms.

There's one store I can find "Wide Width" sandals and that store has decided that they need to give all their brown shoes 3" heels :grumpy:

Oh, does anyone know how to get paint marker off? When I got home today I noticed my rim on the rear driver's side wheel has "25" written on it in what looks like paint marker.

Inkara1

That's the car's speed limit. Don't drive it faster than 25, and don't remove that marking because it's a reminder.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
That's the car's speed limit. Don't drive it faster than 25, and don't remove that marking because it's a reminder.

:trout:

25km is like idling

A.B.Normal

Nixy said:
Oh, does anyone know how to get paint marker off? When I got home today I noticed my rim on the rear driver's side wheel has "25" written on it in what looks like paint marker.

Have you tried soap and water ?does it look like what a parking attendant might use to indicate when they noticed your car parked there to keep track of how long you were parked?Didn't pass any guess your age booths at the mall???

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
Have you tried soap and water ?does it look like what a parking attendant might use to indicate when they noticed your car parked there to keep track of how long you were parked?Didn't pass any guess your age booths at the mall???

If they've started writing on wheels at the mall someone is gonna be getting an earfull!! If I was parked on the side on a road at any point (like a residential street or something) I would think that was a possibility...but in the mall parking lot?! I'm thinking it was there from the dealer and I just didn't notice.

Oh, and everyone thinks I'm like 18 or 19, not 25 :p

I haven't tried soap and water...I tried just water (it was raining) but if it's nice tomorrow I'll try some soap and water.