New Car

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'M IN LOVE! The first scratch that it gets better be my own fault for the safety of everyone else cause if someone else scratches it I'll lose it on them!

Professur

Inkara1 said:
So when can we expect the pictures of your new car with you on the hood in a bikini? :D

I'd wager right after you post photos of your car with you on the hood in a bikini.

Sadly, I won't get to see Nixy's since I'll have clawed my eyes out by then.

Inkara1

But, see, the difference is that my car's not new. It's six years old, it's got 90,000 miles, the windshield's cracked, there are dings and stuff in the paint, there are bugs stuck to the hood, one of the lug nut studs on the right-front wheel is stripped so the tire's only held on with four lug nuts, the inside's a mess, etc.

HomeLAN

Inkara1 said:
But, see, the difference is that my car's not new. It's six years old, it's got 90,000 miles, the windshield's cracked, there are dings and stuff in the paint, there are bugs stuck to the hood, one of the lug nut studs on the right-front wheel is stripped so the tire's only held on with four lug nuts, the inside's a mess, etc.

Umm, that cannot be a good thing.

Professur

I had a car like that for years. On a 5 lug it's not that big a deal. On a 4 lug, it's major. But then, it's also a 10 minute job to fix at any tire or brake shop.

Professur

Can someone tell me why they insist on slapping a tach on an automatic, but only give you idiot lights for temp, oil and alt?

Very nice Nix. I'm not sure how much I like having the inside and outside the same colour, and (personally) the red guages clash,

But it's a nice trim little car. I'd be interested to hear how it feels on a longish drive, and it's manners in daily traffic.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The inside is silver on all Pursuit SE cars...it just happens my outside is also silver :shrug:

I love the red

It has pirelli tires...my brother says those are so good that rappers rap about having them.

A.B.Normal

1036535672_gif.gif

How does the instrument panel light up at night,(I realize you'll have to wait until night or park in your moms side of the garage)but I bet its gonna be purty.Some of the cars we get into the tireshop I'd buy simply because the dash looks so cool lit up.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
1036535672_gif.gif

How does the instrument panel light up at night,(I realize you'll have to wait until night or park in your moms side of the garage)but I bet its gonna be purty.Some of the cars we get into the tireshop I'd buy simply because the dash looks so cool lit up.

My mom's side of the garage is full of boxes of my stuff from my apartment in Hamilton so I'll have to wait for night time :D

I hope it's uber cool!

chcr

Too cute for words
Nixy said:
It has pirelli tires...my brother says those are so good that rappers rap about having them.
Interestingly, I don't necessarily consider that a recommendation. ;) Remember, rappers rap about beating up their bitches and killing people too.

Inkara1

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why GM decided not to put on a temperature gauge (or "gage" in GM-speak). My car's a stick and it has no tach, but it does have a gas and temperature gauge.

Changing the grill does improve the look of the car over the Cobalt, though. :D

The lug nut stud stripped out on Monday when I rotated my tires. Since then, there's been a bit more vibration through the steering wheel, since the lug nut does weigh a few ounces, but otherwise it's safe to drive. It's about time to do the front brakes, too, so I'll take care of it all in one fell swoop.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inky...what sort of temp are you speaking of? I have a coolant temp reading on my little digital info centre which is right under the tach.

Inkara1

Coolant temp... does it tell you the temp is 190F (or the equivalent C reading, which is where it should be at normally) or higher, or just that it's too hot?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Coolant temp... does it tell you the temp is 190F (or the equivalent C reading, which is where it should be at normally) or higher, or just that it's too hot?

Tells me a number