New kitty!

Professur

tonksy said:
No, they just growl and bite.

No. they growl, and growl, and growl, and pull away .... and only after all that .... bite.

When's the last time a cat gave you a warning?

tonksy

Me? Often, but I can pick up on it. The kids? That's another story....but i'd trust my kids more around strange cats than strange dogs.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
As an aside...How do you know the kitten was abandoned? Perhaps they didn't move far, and the critter thought he was back home...
The people who finally grabbed him watched the people across the road move, and he was there hanging around the house from that point on for a week, till yesterday. Enough was enough.

Little tard sure was thirsty.

Inkara1

Professur said:
Ever notice that people will never stop at jsut one cat? But one dog is usually enough? Says something right there about the respective value of cats and dogs, doesn't it?

I'm stopping at one cat. That one cat is very loving... if I've been gone for more than an hour or two, when I get home I'd better be prepared to have a kitty on my lap... and when this kitty is done with the attention, he just gets up and goes somewhere else.

I always had indoor/outdoor cats growing up... they go to the bathroom outside. The only reason Jordan is inside-only is because Christina insisted that people who actually like their cats don't let them outside, and after all that work to convert an outside cat to an inside one, I wasn't about to go back on it. Plus, I live on a major street.

browneyedMAC

i've had both a cat and a dog, they're totally different types of pets... you can't even begin to compare them...it's like apples and oranges..

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
browneyedMAC said:
i've had both a cat and a dog, they're totally different types of pets... you can't even begin to compare them...it's like apples and oranges..

I can compare apples and oranges....apples are much tastier and easier to eat "on the go" therefore apples are better.

Dogs are loyal and stay cute even when they're not puppies anymore. Cats are vindictive and aren't so much cute when they stop being kittens...dogs are better.

Not so hard :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
I find my adult cats very cute and they are not vindictive at all.

I never said everyone had to agree with me...I was just proving that I could compare apples and oranges and thus I could also compare dogs and cats.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
Your comments definitely sounded like a definitive to me :shrug:

If I used opinions it would make my argument that the two things can be compared weaker.

Shhhhhh you're weakening my argument :p

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tonksy said:
Me? Often, but I can pick up on it. The kids? That's another story....but i'd trust my kids more around strange cats than strange dogs.

Yeah, but I'd trust them more around a known dog than known cat.

Inkara1

Over here, we have a "free ads" section in the paper... 3 lines, 3 days, value up to $100... well, one day, there was an ad for a washer: "WASHER, Bill O'Reilly Model. Agitates, no spin. $1. (phone number)"