New kitty!

browneyedMAC

Inkara1 said:
Over here, we have a "free ads" section in the paper... 3 lines, 3 days, value up to $100... well, one day, there was an ad for a washer: "WASHER, Bill O'Reilly Model. Agitates, no spin. $1. (phone number)"

NICE!!

Aunty Em

Cute kitty... my damn cat is out all the time, only comes home occassionally to get fed and left me with a cat flea infestation which I'm slowly getting rid of... third time I've treated the house, but they get fewer every time... mind you I freak if I see 1 flea...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Aunty Em said:
Cute kitty... my damn cat is out all the time, only comes home occassionally to get fed and left me with a cat flea infestation which I'm slowly getting rid of... third time I've treated the house, but they get fewer every time... mind you I freak if I see 1 flea...
Sprinkle Borax in the carpets (as if it were carpet freshener) along with whatever else you're doing, then as an infestation preventative. Don't vacuum it, and resprinkle when you do vacuum. The powder is so fine it disappears into the carpet, you won't see it or feel it on your feet, and the house will smell fresh in any case.

It shrivels the fleas up, so they die a slow painful death when they touch it, and it dries up the eggs too so they won't hatch.

Aunty Em

It shrivels the fleas up, so they die a slow painful death when they touch it, and it dries up the eggs too so they won't hatch.

Thanks, that's what the stuff I'm using does... I haven't seen a flea for 24 hours so I'm hoping they're gone.

You have to leave down for 4 days, but i'm gonna leave it down for 7 to make sure. I don't think I left it down long enough the first time and I tried perithrum the second time. It gets walked into the carpet so some should be left after vacumning.

FluerVanderloo

I <3 kitty cats! He's adorable! I've got four of them. Here's one:

S5000219.jpg

S5000218.jpg

He's got a sister that's also an orange tabby. She's lighter in color and about 3 times smaller though.

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
Does she leave the entrails at the back door so you can see what a good kitty she's being?
She used to bring the whole thing but she got so distraught when we'd toss it that she stopped bringing us offerings.

Aunty Em

FluerVanderloo said:
I <3 kitty cats! He's adorable! I've got four of them. Here's one:
He's got a sister that's also an orange tabby. She's lighter in color and about 3 times smaller though.

That looks just like the one that sneaked into my kitchen the other night and got caught red-handed by both Casper and me, trying to steal his food. I had to go round and persuade Casper to come out via the window, lock him in the bathroom and then chase the other cat out with the broom... I don't think he'll try that one again in a hurry! :grinno:

There was a definate fight brewing in my kitchen if the growls and raised backs were anything to go by...

Piper

I have a trio or heffalumps and they are the greatest. Daisy, Duke, and Roscoe aka Cooter. I highly recommend more than one kitten at time.. much more fun that way.