next step...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Leslie said:
I have no idea what you just said. :confuse3:

Which part? The standing up? Quite simple, really...This type of occurence has been going on since Joan d'Arc. Set somebody up as a hero...or let them set themselves up, let them lay the groundwork down for something new, radical, and, God forbid, fair to everyone, and they get pillaried for it. The scandalizers love heroes...especially one on a pedastol.

Professur

Gato_Solo said:
It seems like, every time somebody stands up to point out something wrong, something they did, related to the topic or not, comes out to take away their credibility. Which brings us back to 'raging against the machine', or withdrawing back into hopelessness...

Or perhaps "let he who is without guilt cast the first stone?"

People who live in glass houses .....?

The boy who cried wolf ....?

Gato_Solo

Professur said:
Or perhaps "let he who is without guilt cast the first stone?"

People who live in glass houses .....?

The boy who cried wolf ....?

Or...just perhaps...it's "How dare they! They've got no business..."

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
what?
who are we talking about? Cosby or her? How is the current criminal situation related to anything?

She's a jilted hater looking for dough and attention, he's a MAN.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
what?
who are we talking about? Cosby or her? How is the current criminal situation related to anything?

She's a jilted hater looking for dough and attention, he's a MAN.

Both, actually. See...looking at it close up, we see that we have a man who 'improperly touched' a woman. True, or not, makes no difference. What I am on about is the timing of the whole matter.

Let's put this in a larger perspective, by putting on our Conspiracy hats.

1. Some people are being treated unfairly, and have been for quite some time, but have 'adapted' to their treatment by self-destructive behavior. As long as these people continue to be self-destructive, there is no movement towards fairness, and no worries about keeping them as happy, or unhappy, as everyone else.
2. Every generation has somebody in that population of unfairlt treated people upset with the 'status quo', and speaks out against it...some generations have more than one.
3. Now for your question...how many of these 'heroes' make it through unscathed, and without scandal?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think you need a new tin-foil hat, dearie. Yours is broken. :p

I still don't see what you're getting at. I haven't maybe seen what it is you're referring to. He's destroyed any chance of me taking him seriously as a man with regards to home and family, with his affair years ago. I was sorely disappointed in him.

That has nothing to do with his race though? Nor his status or ability as a comedian/public speaker? Is there something going on down there I haven't seen?

Is it odd that you're the one who sees it and not me? Maybe I just seperate more than others may?

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
I think you need a new tin-foil hat, dearie. Yours is broken. :p

Nope. I never had one of those. I ain't scareda no eeelectronics. :p

Leslie said:
I still don't see what you're getting at. I haven't maybe seen what it is you're referring to. He's destroyed any chance of me taking him seriously as a man with regards to home and family, with his affair years ago. I was sorely disappointed in him.

Exactly...and now his credibility is further reduced, so, even though he was correct in his diatribe about 'knuckleheads', his message is effectively nullified by something with no bearing to his speech.

Leslie said:
That has nothing to do with his race though? Nor his status or ability as a comedian/public speaker? Is there something going on down there I haven't seen?

Is it odd that you're the one who sees it and not me? Maybe I just seperate more than others may?

His race? Not entirely, because it happens to people of all colors. It just so happens that, in this era, it is a black thing. :shrug: The most effective black speakers are relegated to the level of bumbling idiots because they can't keep they're pants zipped, or their mouths shut when necessary.

Here's a list right off the top of my head...

1. Martin Luther King, Jr. The FBI had a file on him, and had monitored his comings and goings for years. Had information about his womanizing, but kept it quiet. Let out rumors of him being a communist, though. Assassinated before he could complete his task of fairness for our race.

2. Malcolm X. Extremely controversial, but also wanted fairness. Assassinated. The FBI had a file on him as well...

3. Paul Robeson. Investigated for 'communist ties'. Died in poverty and obscurity after being blacklisted for his views on racial equality.

These are just off the top of my head...and if I hadn't mentioned Paul Robeson before, most of you would've never heard of him.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Ya know what? I really don't see anything wrong with that. The communist thing...well...that was the climate in your government at the time. They sucked. MANY people rich and poor, famous and not suffered for that.

But, for me, if someone is gonna stand up and speak to me or for me, they better damned well be credible, and practising what they preach.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
Ya know what? I really don't see anything wrong with that. The communist thing...well...that was the climate in your government at the time. They sucked. MANY people rich and poor, famous and not suffered for that.

And now it's the climate of sexual impropriety...

Leslie said:
But, for me, if someone is gonna stand up and speak to me or for me, they better damned well be credible, and practising what they preach.

That's the point, innit? He was talking about education not procreation.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
So why are you correlating the two issues? Noone else seems to be?

Only thing I found on it was the letter written in to BET online :p

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
So why are you correlating the two issues? Noone else seems to be?

Only thing I found on it was the letter written in to BET online :p

I'm corrolating the two issues because nobody else seems to see it, or want to. Fact is, it's just another ploy to keep peoples minds off the real issue of fairness by muddling it with every cause even remotely related to it, and by marginalizing anybody who takes a leadership role in asking for fairness for his/her group.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
OR it's a skanky ass cunt looking for a buck and you're a little paranoid?

Perhaps all three? But you also need to remember one very important thing...Even paranoids have enemies. :devious:

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
Yes, that's it, we're not paranoid, cause it's all true :D

Who's to say that Bill's the only one paying for it? I can think of at least one other organization that would love to see Bill Cosby fall...NAACP...because his diatribe forcing others to actually be responsible would put them out of business.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
take the hat. Seriously. Put the hat ON.

:hmm: Told ya. I'm thinking quite clearly...and without outside influence or interference. Just on a larger base than most.