next step...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Not quite. More a direct response. You brought it up.

what were you doing raping our ancestors? If we weren't wanted, why were we kept, for generations, as chattel, worked until we could no longer work, and then cast aside in such a horrid manner
Apparently I have here a perfect reason to be a victim all my life, and spread the wealth and share it, thereby fucking up my children and theirs for all their lives. Oh, and a really l33t cash cow. Being property must've been real cool for my female ancestors.

Or, stfu and get on and blame myself for my problems.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
:lurk:

Interesting discussion. Interesting points of view. Interesting bases for points of view. Interesting how much hypocrisy I see. Interesting how many times things I have said, one way or the other, get indirectly brought up. Interesting who agrees with them now, but not in other contexts.

Just interesting. Please...carry on.

"Why is he funding a possible attack on Iran...."

Why indeed? After all, they support terror in Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, North Korea, Africa, and Central Asia. They back Hezbolla, Hamas, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has the military might to deter attacks against it, its defense minister said in remarks published Tuesday, one day after President Bush said he would not rule out military action against Iran.

"We are able to say that we have strength such that no country can attack us because they do not have precise information about our military capabilities due to our ability to implement flexible strategies," the semi-official Mehr news agency quoted Shamkhani as saying.

"We can claim that we have rapidly produced equipment that has resulted in the greatest deterrent," he said, without elaborating.

Iran last October announced successful trials of its Shahab-3 ballistic missile with a range of 1,250 miles, putting parts of Europe, as well as Israel and U.S. bases in the Gulf, within its reach.

Only a liberal would see no threat in the above words. Strange how they see the President saying a prayer at his inauguration as one, though.

Only a foolish country would think they would stand a chance against the U.S. military. Iran should look at Iraq and Afghanistan for reference.

Iran tests atomic parts despite freeze-diplomats

VIENNA, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Iran has been testing parts for machines that could be used to develop nuclear weapons, despite a promise to temporarily refrain from all such activities, Western diplomats said on Thursday.

A Western diplomat who follows the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency told Reuters on condition of anonymity Iran was performing quality control checks of "non-essential items" for centrifuges, machines that purify uranium to make fuel for nuclear power plants or weapons.

"If they would act in good faith, there would be a complete standstill of every activity that relates to centrifuges," the diplomat said. He said this may be a breach of Iran's November pledge to freeze all activities related to uranium enrichment.

Iran possing nukes is not acceptable.

Destroying a dangerous regime run by religious fanatics intent on arming themselves with nuclear weapons and the methods to deliver them who have no regard for human life is.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Cause that's all liberals, right? I am liberal, therefore I have an issue with prayer at your inauguration?

can't see the forest for the trees?

Winky

Crap! That's so damn simple. So eloquent.
I simply have to see it AGAIN!!!!

"Iran possing nukes is not acceptable.

Destroying a dangerous regime run by religious fanatics intent on arming themselves with nuclear weapons and the methods to deliver them who have no regard for human life is."

The most beautiful run-on sentence I'll see for months to come!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn’t bear to let the spellcheacker corrected it!

a13antichrist

Winky said:
Destroying a dangerous regime run by religious fanatics intent on arming themselves with nuclear weapons and the methods to deliver them who have no regard for human life is."

If you chop out the "who have no regard for human life" and put it in front of the "intent" it would actually be much easier to read and you could go on to add more on the end of it...

"Destroying a dangerous regime run by religious fanatics with no regard for human life intent on arming themselves with nuclear weapons and the methods to deliver them to all suspecting and unsuspecting current or conceivable enemies with whom they've ever had the smallest quarrel or disagreement over things as inconsequential as who fu*ked who's donkey is."

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Leslie said:
Not quite. More a direct response. You brought it up.

Apparently I have here a perfect reason to be a victim all my life, and spread the wealth and share it, thereby fucking up my children and theirs for all their lives. Oh, and a really l33t cash cow. Being property must've been real cool for my female ancestors.

Or, stfu and get on and blame myself for my problems.

How about this, since you don't seem to grasp the whole situation...

Women...even those held as chattle...have always been held in higher esteem than men serving as chattle. Get over yourself. While I have no personal problem with your statement, I do have a philisophical problem with it. You seem to think, that by adding (note that word adding) the women's arguments to the mix will add credibility to your statement. It doesn't. It's only a distraction. You see...your reasons in this and my reasons in this are totally different. They always have been.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I disagree Gato. And I am over myself. I have none of those blaming feelings whatsoever. I could have, but I'm over myself. I can't blame an entire anything for anything that's happened to me, or for what's happened to my ancestors aeons ago. When it comes to compensation for this type of situation, I cannot support it.

K, so on with the neverending chattel deal....I can indoctrinate my native kids (in Canada, according to popular racism, there is NOONE lower than a native) to hate whites and to sit forever depressed about their lowly station in life, make sure they know that every step of the way the man is keeping them down, and ensure that they be ashamed to walk out the door lest someone look at them funny, and blame everyone and their brother for their own problems and mistakes

or...I can teach them to get over it, take responsibility, and prove themselves, be proud, and to go on with life as bright capable people who have a really cool heritage.

I went with option #2.

catocom

The way I look at this, or any other thing actually, is...
"Will this benefit Me"
if so
"how far do I go with it before it doesn't, or starts to have the opposite effect"

I think certain reparations should be made in certain cases, but not necessarily
as a whole "put um all in a category" type thing.
IMO It needs to be done on a case by case basis.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
When it comes to compensation for this type of situation, I cannot support it.

So you completely missed the post where I said I, too, was against reparations. :rolleyes: :p

Leslie said:
K, so on with the neverending chattel deal....I can indoctrinate my native kids (in Canada, according to popular racism, there is NOONE lower than a native) to hate whites and to sit forever depressed about their lowly station in life, make sure they know that every step of the way the man is keeping them down, and ensure that they be ashamed to walk out the door lest someone look at them funny, and blame everyone and their brother for their own problems and mistakes

or...I can teach them to get over it, take responsibility, and prove themselves, be proud, and to go on with life as bright capable people who have a really cool heritage.

I went with option #2.

I never said you shouldn't...Only that your reasons and my reasons are different, thus a different tack is needed, not just jumping on somebody elses cause, and trying to either A. Dilute somebody elses work, or B. Usurp somebody elses work for your own use...

Now...back to the topic...Your children maybe being taught those things, but they will also be out in the 'world', where the opposite is pounded into them every day. They can be proud, and hold their heads up, but without a change in society, they'll always have to deal with it. How long can they keep that up? How many generations? There will be anger...pent up/buried so as not to become the steroetypical angry native...but it will be there. Perhaps it will manifest itself in other, self-destructive, ways. If you take a look South of your border, you'll see that the same things are going on in the Native American communities as well...You're thinking too narrowly, and that's also part of the problem...The high road is always nice, but you still have to deal with the problem as a whole. It's too late for the attitude of "It ain't happening in my house, so everything must be okay". What about your neighbors? Your friends? Your province? You can raise your children to be strong enough individuals to 'ignore' the problem, but that doesn't take care of it, does it?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Making the change in society. Raging blindly against the machine ain't working too good is it? Seems the situation there is getting worse and not better.

How 'bout quiet dignity and proving onesself by one's actions? The opportunities are there. Admittedly with some harder work and different channels, but they're all there.

The bad apples are ruining it for everyone else. Time for some to rise up and shame them into shutting the fuck up and getting on with things.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
Making the change in society. Raging blindly against the machine ain't working too good is it? Seems the situation there is getting worse and not better.

That didn't start til after the 1970's...when things were looking no better. :shrug:

Leslie said:
How 'bout quiet dignity and proving onesself by one's actions? The opportunities are there. Admittedly with some harder work and different channels, but they're all there.

Would be nice...trouble is, most people don't see the opportunities any more. They trapped themselves in a world of hopelessness, and as long as they can't, or won't, look beyond it, the change must come from outside.

Leslie said:
The bad apples are ruining it for everyone else. Time for some to rise up and shame them into shutting the fuck up and getting on with things.

Like Bill Cosby did recently? Now...if he can keep his hands offa them young, voluptuous Canadian women...

BTW...How much of this do you think is caused by his outburst? The 'improper touching' happened a year ago, so why did this come up now? Perhaps it's backlash? :shrug:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think we're close to an agreement point here ;)

about the chick, I don't even know what colour she is?

But. He recently performed up here, and it was well televised in this area. Where she lives isn't far, about an hour and a half. Same news channels. So. I think with all the interviews going on, she got a nice hate-on going cause he used her for whatever she PARTICIPATED in, and went for it.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
I think we're close to an agreement point here ;)

Like I said...our goal may be the same, but the reason's behind that goal are what make the goal worthwhile. :shrug:

Leslie said:
about the chick, I don't even know what colour she is?

But. He recently performed up here, and it was well televised in this area. Where she lives isn't far, about an hour and a half. Same news channels. So. I think with all the interviews going on, she got a nice hate-on going cause he used her for whatever she PARTICIPATED in, and went for it.

It seems like, every time somebody stands up to point out something wrong, something they did, related to the topic or not, comes out to take away their credibility. Which brings us back to 'raging against the machine', or withdrawing back into hopelessness...