next step...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
PostCode said:
Here's another aspect. Some five or six generations ago on some side of my family a plantation was owned and they did have slaves. Does this now make me directly responsible for compensation? Why should I be held accountable for something I had no direct effect upon?

Who's to say it had no effect? If there was a plantation, there was land. Land can be inherited, or sold. :shrug: Besides...who's holding you, personally responsible? I'm surely not. I'm just giving you a good argument. :grinyes: I'll also throw this monkeywrench into the works. Some blacks are descendents of those same slave owners. Should they have a right to contest their slave-owner family members white descendents over present wills? ;)

Professur

Gato_Solo said:
Who's to say it had no effect? If there was a plantation, there was land. Land can be inherited, or sold. :shrug: Besides...who's holding you, personally responsible? I'm surely not. I'm just giving you a good argument. :grinyes: I'll also throw this monkeywrench into the works. Some blacks are descendents of those same slave owners. Should they have a right to contest their slave-owner family members white descendents over present wills? ;)

Black, white, or green, I've never accepted anyone's right to contest a will. It's my damn estate. I put down on paper who I want to get what. That's it. finished. Final. If you weren't mentioned, then you damn well don't get any.

Gato_Solo

Professur said:
Black, white, or green, I've never accepted anyone's right to contest a will. It's my damn estate. I put down on paper who I want to get what. That's it. finished. Final. If you weren't mentioned, then you damn well don't get any.

You're dead. Shut up. :D I'm your illegitimate son, and I want a piece of your estate. I can prove it through DNA, and, after a lifetime of being ignored, I want what's due me. Since you couldn't/wouldn't show me love when I was a child, you damned sure will pay me with money/prestige now that you're dead.

Professur

Gato_Solo said:
You're dead. Shut up.

that's the whole point of a will. To keep saying what I want after I'm wormfood. So shut up yourself, junior.

:D I'm your illegitimate son, and I want a piece of your estate. I can prove it through DNA, and, after a lifetime of being ignored, I want what's due me.

Illegitimate is the very word. You have no legitimate right to anything

Since you couldn't/wouldn't show me love when I was a child, you damned sure will pay me with money/prestige now that you're dead.

Fuck you. I didn't want you then. I didn't give you anything then. And you're damn well not getting anything now.

Gato_Solo

Professur said:
Fuck you. I didn't want you then. I didn't give you anything then. And you're damn well not getting anything now.

And that, in a nutshell, is what the whole racial problem in the US is all about. Thanks prof. I didn't think you'd bite on that one. ;)

If we weren't wanted then, what were you doing raping our ancestors? If we weren't wanted, why were we kept, for generations, as chattel, worked until we could no longer work, and then cast aside in such a horrid manner?
Our ancestors didn't ask to be enslaved, and raped, but that's exactly what happened. When we ask for simple recognition, we get a response like prof gave. How would you feel? Multiply that by the millions of young blacks, and you'll get a rather alarming picture of the seriousness of the problem.

Now...back to the statement I made earlier, dead man. :D Acknowledge me, or pay up...It's not too hard a decision, if you think it through logically...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gato said:
Multiply that by the millions of young blacks,
Not one of whom has ever had to live thru that. Not one of whom has ever known a slave. Not one of whom gives a rats ass about Aunt Gertrude who died on The Thomson farm in 1856 as the house nigger.

If those directly affected by the years of slavery can come forward they deserve reparations from the person or persons who held them iin bondage. It may have been legal but it was still individuals who held slaves. The Americans of Japanese ancestry who were detained in the 40's came forward. Those who were dirsectly affected got reparations, albeit too little too late form the people that held them in bondage...The US Government. It wasn't even illegal, as it was a wartime act. In hindsight, it was wrong. I didn't live in 1942 so I can't say if it seemed right at the time.

Slavery goes way farther back than the USA & is still practiced. The American ancestors of slaves have story to tell. It should be listened to & learned from. Just not at the expense of those not involved.

a13antichrist

You really need to get a grip on reality here. Maybe someone else who lives here in the United States can point out to me, the apparently blind, where the death camps are?

Gato_Solo said:
I think he's talking about the current situation and Guantanamo Bay...where, incidentally, nobody has been killed outright. Kind of puts a damper on the whole 'genocide' theory he's advancing.

I'm not talking about anything of the sort. What sort of fool thinks a comparison is invalid because there are a couple of logistical differences? The American sort, I guess.
Hitler wanted to kill all the Jews. A significant percentage of America wants to kill all the Muslims. You can't get much more plain than that. I think it's you lot who need to get a grip on reality.

PostCode

Major contributor!
a13antichrist said:
I'm not talking about anything of the sort. What sort of fool thinks a comparison is invalid because there are a couple of logistical differences? The American sort, I guess.
Hitler wanted to kill all the Jews. A significant percentage of America wants to kill all the Muslims. You can't get much more plain than that. I think it's you lot who need to get a grip on reality.

Logistical differences? Interesting. I see a very distinct difference between what, not Hitler, but the German nation did to the Jews and what the American nation is doing in Iraq.

Let me explain my view. I see a nation that is torn by war. That I cannot argue with. I also see a nation that is in the process of a rebuilding phase in which the very people who were oppressed are now more free than they ever were before. I see many communities still being torn apart but I see no mass murders taking place. Likewise, I see many communities being rebuilt and many soldiers from many countries helping them.

Now, I also see American soldiers being complete barbarians in their actions within prisons. I also see American soldiers acting kind and supportive to Iraqi children, helping them rebuild their playgrounds, schools, streets, stores, etc...

I am not blind to the atrocities that may happen in their nation and I am not pleased with it either. I am American who loves his country. I regret that anyone has suffered in the way the Iraqi people have suffered but I also hope that those people will have a better future with a greater amount of freedom in their lives. However I cannot justify suffering with freedom at the expense of innocent lives.

For the sake of argument, how are you figuring that a "significant percentage" of America wants to kill all the Muslims? I'm not trying to be a Gonz (no offence bud) here, but in my part of the world I see no mass call to kill the guy down the street from me. For that matter, he's a rather nice guy and very friendly. So where does this lead me to believe that a "significant percentage" of America want him dead?

See what I'm saying?

Hell, the "significant percentage" of America are opposed to the war. The liberal media has pounded the inhumane treatment of every person in Iraq to such an extent that we can no longer discern truth from fiction.

freako104

PostCode said:
Ahhh yes, Executive Order 9066.

Yes, we interned Japanese Americans during WWII. We interned anyone looking like a person from Japan. Although we didn't have anything close to a death camp, we most certainly tore those peoples lives apart. We confiscated their property, confiscated their lives, conficated everything they had, then threw them into these internment camps without any kind of due process.

Now, some will say that we are doing the same thing in Cuba. Wrong. These people were American citizens, most from birth. Many never even left the United States at any point in their lives, yet they were all deamed a threat to our national security.

The pathetic part was that it was not until 1988 that these people were finally compensated for what they went through. Even still, that was a pathetic amount of $20,000. Four years of suffering for $20,000.

there is a reason I did not use that. Even if innocent, the people there were put there because people for whatever reason felt they were acting strange or whatever. and not all the people there were innocent. SOME were. Some werent. In the Japanese camps I thnk it was anyone of Japanese decent. Plus it may have taken 40 odd years btu I implore you to look at your last paragraph. here I will help by pointing out what I want you to see

Posty said:
The pathetic part was that it was not until 1988 that these people were finally compensated for what they went through

the reason I am using this my friend is simple. I agree it took too long to be compensated but they were.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A13 said:
A significant percentage of America wants to kill all the Muslims.

That is quite a bold proposition. What, besides your obvious bigotry, do you have to back that up?

PostCode

Major contributor!
freako104 said:
there is a reason I did not use that. Even if innocent, the people there were put there because people for whatever reason felt they were acting strange or whatever. and not all the people there were innocent. SOME were. Some werent. In the Japanese camps I thnk it was anyone of Japanese decent. Plus it may have taken 40 odd years btu I implore you to look at your last paragraph. here I will help by pointing out what I want you to see

the reason I am using this my friend is simple. I agree it took too long to be compensated but they were.

Some? WTF? Over half of those interned were children. That's a lot more than some.

Winky

a13antichrist said:

Sans the brevity, a writing style not unlike another revered poster?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
If we are going to discuss reparations for people who never suffered a damn thing personally, then I think all the Southern plantation owners' descendents are entitled to reparations for the mindless carnage inflicted by General Sherman.

freako104

PostCode said:
Some? WTF? Over half of those interned were children. That's a lot more than some.

would you have been happier had I said most? the reason I said some were innocent is because not all of them were. same with the guilty. not all of them. and in truth I am not sure which side has the majority here