No wonder I despise bipartisanship

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hello.

If you are a citizen of any nation & would like to become an American, no longer having to bother with learning our language or customs, run, jump, swim or fly to the nearest American border.

Our esteemed leaders are passsing out Get Out of Jail cards, for free.

Welcome. The welfare line is over there.

WASHINGTON (AP) - In a striking reach across party lines, the White House and key lawmakers agreed Thursday on a sweeping immigration plan to grant legal status to millions of people in the country unlawfully.

Source

catocom

I fear the soverontiy is taking a first MAJOR hit here.

This will never work. I see only a very small percentage actually doing it.
It doesn't benefit them enough.
If they don't then what? Back to square one?

We've got to change current entitlement laws...and many more

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Dudes, did you even read the part where it says:
The proposed agreement would allow illegal immigrants to come forward and obtain a "Z visa" and - after paying fees and a $5,000 fine - ultimately get on track for permanent residency, which could take between eight and 13 years. Heads of households would have to return to their home countries first.

Rrrrrright, and I suppose your politicians are dumb enough to expect illegal immigrants to comply with that :lol:

So this plan is the same as no plan.

catocom

Dudes, did you even read the part where it says:

Rrrrrright, and I suppose your politicians are dumb enough to expect illegal immigrants to comply with that :lol:

So this plan is the same as no plan.

Exactly!

All this really does is show how weak our government has become......
Like the UN

It just scares the hell outta me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This plan is 1,000 page boondoggle benefitting politicians by getting more voters who won't vote & more opportunities to promise to give away the farm. However, allowing criminals the right to stay, under any condition, is ridiculous & should be enough to get them kicked out of office.

It won't be.

MrBishop

"Voters can now present military ID, valid employee ID, citizenship certificate, passport, student ID card, handgun permit, utility bill, bank statement, pay stub, mail from a government entity, marriage license, birth certificate, adoption certificate, pilot's license, hunting license, or even a library card," Dewhurst said. "What's so hard about this?"

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
But neither has the right to vote unless they become citizens.

From Gato's link...

Hundreds of illegal immigrants have registered to vote in Bexar County in recent years and dozens of them have actually cast ballots, canceling out the votes of U.S. citizens, 1200 WOAI news will report Thursday morning.

If noone is willing, or are too afraid, to look at the citizenship of those on the rolls, then it's all moot. The lawyers & the criminals (is there a difference?) have won.

Winky

Whether yer legal or not don't matter much anymore as long as yer brown
ann you ain't A-Rab or Chechen. If you can get yer feet across the line
you are accorded all the rights of an American citizen, in some cases even more.
Question: for which do you think it is easier to get food stamps
(and all the other free shit, including medical care)
a citizen or an illegal?

Hint for those of you in Rio Linda, we had to pass a law here that illegals
weren't supposed to get all the freebies and our Lezbo Liberal guv'ner
fought it tooth and nail and it went to the same place as the Engrish only
law went...

All the emergency rooms closing in your town, soon...

yeah they don't even bother writing in the papers here about it anymore

(died while being transported to the nearest emergency room after an auto accident, you know to the richey rich white side of town)

by the way Gonz that's Scottsdale now, that's how far the Brown Tide has risen

"it ain't a sterotype if its da Truth"

dabears.jpg