No wonder I despise bipartisanship

catocom

because it says if they don't want to follow our laws, the laws will just be changed to accommodate.
Then it snowballs.
This business of only enforcing the laws that are convenient is stupid.

Traitor used to be put in front of the firing squad. Now they rarely are arrested.

EDIT: not enforcing the laws, is not governing.

spike

because it says if they don't want to follow our laws, the laws will just be changed to accommodate.
Then it snowballs.
This business of only enforcing the laws that are convenient is stupid.

Traitor used to be put in front of the firing squad. Now they rarely are arrested.

EDIT: not enforcing the laws, is not governing.

Changing laws and adjusting laws is part of the job. So they're actually using sovereignty and self government here.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Changing laws and adjusting laws is part of the job.

Not when it represents the opposite of what the people wants. We, the people, have spoken, several times on this issue, and they continue to ignore us.

catocom

well it looks like they are going to try again today.:grumpy:

EDIT: oops...It's actually in the House this time, not the senate.

People opposed call your reps.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Not when it represents the opposite of what the people wants. We, the people, have spoken, several times on this issue, and they continue to ignore us.

Representative, from the root represent - to speak and/or act on the behalf of another, in the manner dictated by those represented. If I hire someone to speak on my behalf and that person chooses to ignore my wishes and act in their own best interest, I fire said person.

spike

I didn't see any info on what "the people" think of this particular bill.

But I'll assume you agree that the government should represent what the people want and start withdrawing from Iraq as well. Oh yeah, the people would like universal healthcare.

Great.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I didn't see any info on what "the people" think of this particular bill.

The people have overloaded the Congressional phone system twice on this bill & once on the similar meassure. We have spoken.

But I'll assume you agree that the government should represent what the people want and start withdrawing from Iraq as well. Oh yeah, the people would like universal healthcare.

Since both those issues are not specifically within the powers granted the federal gov't, they can't do shit. However, since we the people are silent more than not, it may happen anyway.

However, both those issues are not anywhere near as clear cut (in fact, we the people raised hell with Mrs Bill Clinton the last time she fucked with our health care system)

spike

The people have overloaded the Congressional phone system twice on this bill & once on the similar meassure. We have spoken.

According to catacom it's new bill. An overloaded phone system is not an accurate indicator of majority thought either.

However, both those issues are not anywhere near as clear cut

Nope, clear majority not phone system problems. The other difference being that you don't like what the majority wants in those cases.