No wonder I despise bipartisanship

catocom

When I did it, gasoline was less than .75 a gallon. I'd cut 6 lawns a week, and make around $15.00 doing it. Back then, that was major cash...

I lived not far from folks with money.
I did 5-10 yards, at 5-15/per. Averaged 50-60 bucks on a good weekend.
Take out the gas, and then it worked out to around $160/mo,....
then we move to the (country at the time) now suburb.
I went more toward bush-hogging, and cutting wood then.

catocom

man I tell you what...
some, mostly Dems, in the senate are just trying everything possible to slip in
this thing still...in bits and pieces, on bills that have to go through.

All that opposed the original, had better be keeping an eye on both senate, and house right now.

We've gotta hit the phones there Every time they do their BS on this.

They've already got the trucks rolling, and that needs a squashin'.:grumpy:

catocom

Bill would grant legal status to illegal high schoolers who graduate

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Illegal immigrants students who have graduated from high school in the United States could be granted legal status under a bill revived this week in the U.S. Senate.

Senator Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) introduced the bill, noting that he will offer it as an amendment to the defense authorization bill.

The proposal would offer permanent legal status for illegals who came to the United States before they were 16, who graduated from high school in good standing and agreed to serve in the military or attend college for at least two years.
http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=117570

If you don't agree, you'd better be vigilant, and call in when it comes up.

I'm trying to keep up, but I've been swamped lately, and haven't been able to watch like I'd prefer.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Doing service in the military (serve the country) or studying at least 2 years of collage (make them skilled). Is not a bad idea after all.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Not a bad idea but no matter how you cut it, it still rewards illegal behavior.

Luis G

Staff member
That's one way to look at it. But look at it this way, many of them won't serve your country or pursue higher skills. If by doing so, your country gets either then it is a good idea since they aren't leaving anyway.

catocom

the main problem is the chain, then there's the anti-war activist that will just blow it wide open.

It's just slipping All of it in, but a little at a time.:thumbdn:

The first steps have to be shown that they are Done before Any other steps
can even be talked about, as far as Any kind of solution to let more in/touch-back,
or anything else.

The majority of American Citizens are fed-up with the Non-action to secure this country...Here.

Luis G

Staff member
By all means secure it, but there's still the need to find a plausible solution for all the people who are already there.

catocom

By all means secure it, but there's still the need to find a plausible solution for all the people who are already there.

well, IMO you can't just lump them all into one group.
There will have to be phases depending on many different things.

If all out war is to be averted, and I'm still not sure it will be, the
"solution" has to be done it steps.
So far that's exactly what is happening.
Step one...Get the worst people first....then the next step can be talked about.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Plausible solution #1....when we find 'em, boot 'em. Fine the empoyers who hire them. Disallow them to use our banking system. Disallow them to drive. etc etc.

For those who thinks it's too expensive, how much does it cost us to keep them?

catocom

Well here it comes again.
If you didn't like the first amnesty bill, you won't like this onew either.

The DREAM Act: Senate Could Soon Vote on "Stealth" Amnesty Bill

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1674.cfm

Durbin is a traitor, plain and simple.

Senate will vote on DREAM Act student immigration bill Wednesday
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...007/10/23/senate_will_vote_on_student_im.html

Make your feelings know to your senators!
Stay tuned to C-Span. Don't let the slip this in.
The sneaky sonsAbitches.:grumpy:

They are trying their best to spark a damned revolution here.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Well here it comes again.
If you didn't like the first amnesty bill, you won't like this onew either.

The DREAM Act: Senate Could Soon Vote on "Stealth" Amnesty Bill

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1674.cfm

Durbin is a traitor, plain and simple.

Senate will vote on DREAM Act student immigration bill Wednesday
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...007/10/23/senate_will_vote_on_student_im.html

Make your feelings know to your senators!
Stay tuned to C-Span. Don't let the slip this in.
The sneaky sonsAbitches.:grumpy:

They are trying their best to spark a damned revolution here.

:grinno: They aren't trying to start a revolution. That would leave them with no power. What they are trying to do is to get votes...even fraudulent votes by illegals...to stay in power. as for sneaking it in, that process was started many years ago, when the federal government was successfully sued to provide all government documents in languages other than English.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Give away money & pander to those getting the money. Ten thousand millionaires don't carry the clout of 100,000 welfare cheats at tax time.

spike

It would apply only to individuals brought to the U.S. at least 5 years ago as children, who have grown up here (but are still under 30 years old), and who have remained in school and out of trouble. They could get a green card 6 years after graduating from high school if during that time they continue on to college or serve in the military.

:yawn: Yea, I can't really get too excited about this.