not fast food...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
abooja said:
Ugh, I actually think it was the TGIF's in Times Square shortly before or after Christmas. Including tip, I paid an astounding $30-something for a lousy cheeseburger deluxe and a Coke. They should be ashamed of themselves. :mad:

They should be ashamed? You paid $30 for a cheeseburger & you're mad at them?

Inkara1

PT said:
Haven't had good service there yet.
Actually, some of the best service I've ever had was at the Outback in Fresno. The waitress was completely out of sight, nowhere to be found... but the exact second I took the last sip of soda from the glass, she was there with a new one full and ready for me. I have no clue how she did it, but I was definitely impressed.

Winky

OK Gonz just to make you feel better tomorrow for lunch,
I'll make the arduous drive of a mile and half
to SYLVIA'S and eat myself into a coma in your honor!

BlurOfSerenity

in general, i try to get to a Double T or a Denny's at least once a week.
once or twice a week we start wanting to do a "diner run" as we call them.
diner runs are a common thing among my friends, and for the past couple years have been a stable, fun thing for me.
i like that all the servers know us and converse with us.
i like that something about the food and atmosphere just opens us up and we get into these conversations...
sometimes john (bf) will say, "we need to get mike and jay (two friends of ours) together again", and i know that means we need to go to a diner and get them debating some issue so john can observe and contribule to it. (they love a good debate). then we go driving around for a while, just hanging out...

i will remember my late teens for the diner runs.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Winky said:
OK Gonz just to make you feel better tomorrow for lunch,
I'll make the arduous drive of a mile and half
to SYLVIA'S and eat myself into a coma in your honor!

26th Ave & Van Buren, across from the old Fry's. The tiny one. That's the one I grew up on. There's also a place just across the canal @7th St & McDowell (could be 7th Ave, could be Indian School). Small little hole in the wall & I forgot their name, west side of the street. Stop there too.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Gonz said:
I've eaten there for a large part of my life. Their tacos are wonderfully greasy & the enchiladas as slimy with cheese but I'd not recommend shiping those :D

Try a dozen tortillas & some green chile. It's been a couple of years since I had any (before they did internet) but the last time it was outstanding as always.

I'm salivating.

Hey people - Gonz made me salivate!!!! :D

catocom

Steakhouses, "yeah baby!"
I used to go to the "Wester Sizzlin'", but they closed down here.
Outback is OK.
"The Black Angus" in Panama City, FL has about the best Stake I've ever had,
but I haven't been down there since um....about '98. :crying4:

I just don't get out much any more.

I've been to just about every place here in Gainesville, GA, but not any in
several years now. I think the last time was a Wafflehouse about 1-1/2 years ago.
I love WH's chicken sandwiches.

tonksy

DUDES! we are so getting a ted's montana grill across the street from the WH! another steakhouse that maybe rob can eat at! i am so stoked!

Stop Laughing

There's this family restaurant here called Al and Andy's where I can get a huge meal. Chicken Parmesan with pasta, soup, salad, and a slice of cake for dessert (usually take it home cause I'm full by then) for under $8.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Yesterday at Puello's Grill near Knoxville, TN. Had the lunch portion of fish and chips, fries and a salad. The best fish I have ever eaten, hands down. $7.99 plus drink, tax and tip. Not too shabby.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
On the weekend I went to East Side Mario's. They had all you can eat pasta for $9.99. I had bowtie pasta with alfredo sauce, bread and caesar salad and a piece of chocolate cake. It was all included for the $9.99 and I brought most of my second plate of pasta, most of my second garlic bread and my piece of cake home cause I was so stuff but I had to ask for seconds since everything but the cake was unlimited :D

unclehobart

tonksy said:
DUDES! we are so getting a ted's montana grill across the street from the WH! another steakhouse that maybe rob can eat at! i am so stoked!
The funny thing is that there is already a steakhouse on the opposite corner. My dad took me there once and they dropped the ball. The waitress said... oh... no corn... I'll ask the chef. She comes back... its ok... we don't use corn. Out come the appetizers encased in cornmeal. Confidence was lost. Nary a return for patronage for moi hence. At those prices, they should know better or train them better. I would just assume buy a big hunk of dead thing and toss it into the crockpot all day. At least then I have a clear understanding that I will survive the experience.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I recently went to Olive Garden...for the very first time, and was ridiculed for my thought that the salad was for me, and not the table. :blush: What can I say? I'm used to seperate bowls for each person. :shrug:

MrBishop

The Soul Bowl - basically a chinese noodle joint where I had a fabulous TomYum chicken soup... extra spicy :D

MrsBish had a plate of Gen.Tao chicken.. not spicy enough for her taste.

Mediocre service but you can't beat the price $19 for two people including green tea.