not fast food...

AlphaTroll

I forgot to mention Moyo - it's one of my absolute favourite restaurants (serves the yummiest Moroccan food :licklips: )....I much prefer the one in Melrose Arch to the one in Newtown though.

Inkara1

Denny's with Annie again. I had the super nachos and she had some sort of eggs, hash browns and bacon thing. Note to self: don't feed her eggs an hour before being in an enclosed space with her. :D

ClaireBear

Banned
Saturday just gone...

"Marco-Polo's" a rather "quaint" (read tacky/traditional) Italian restaurant with all the bollocks (postcards conch shells... mermaids... yes mermaids) all over the walls and ceiling... with my sister prior to going pubbing and then on to a club.

I had "Penne Gamberoni - Anna" - Pasta and king prawns (4 actually! :rolleyes: ) in a tomato, chilli and tarragon pasata... not bad for 8 quid... with a half a tomato garlic pizza on the side and 1/2 a bottle of cheap house white... rounded off by "filter coffee" (the coffee tampa "was'a broken... so'a sorry madama!" )

tonksy

took the offspring to johnny's pizza last night. one johnny's special sub (me), cheese sticks and a garden salad (marlowe), and a child's ravioli (malory), along with 2 kid's drinks and 2 bottles of bass ale. it all came to $11,93. i love employee discounts.

Inkara1

Was the discount yours or did someone you know who works there give it to you? If it was yours... how'd you do that? Is that place owned by Waffle House?

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
Was the discount yours or did someone you know who works there give it to you? If it was yours... how'd you do that? Is that place owned by Waffle House?
i work at waffle house friday through tuesday and johnny's on wednesday and thursday.

ClaireBear

Banned
unclehobart said:
I should mention that I had and iced tea at said same Johnnys. Anything else there would kill me.

Man! It may sound flipant but... I seriously would rather eat the damn burger and go happy...

I seriously couldn't deal with that kinda thing neither in myself.. or partner... or children... for a start killing yourself cos you can't be assed to drive to a certain supermarket for non-whatever stuff, or cos want to join the fun at lunchtime with workmates or are simply so God damn tired you forget to prep your food in the right way is one thing... but killing your bloke or kid! No way!

Gotta give you kudos Unc... every time I'm reminded it kinda blows me away.

ClaireBear

Banned
unclehobart said:
I have a quick feeding reference for myself ... bangers, bovril, and bints. *raises a pint*

So you survive off a diet of bovril and beer based sausage casolet... washed down with more beer... oh and Iced tea from somewhere called "Jimmy's"

I could deal... you're gas must be tremendoso... but I could deal! :p

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I am a card carrying member of WHA...Waffle House Anonymous. I love that place. Only had one bad meal at a Waffle House ever.

I'm a scattered covered and smothered kinda guy, man, what can I say? Patty melt double plate scattered topped and peppered and a cup of coffee, and I'm a happy man.

ClaireBear

Banned
tonksy said:
it's really not that hard. make everything from scratch. :shrug:

Arse with that! And you working two jobs too...

If CB dated Unc...

Que the wibbly wobbly dream scene

"Yeah Rob.. of course that lasagne's home made... what do you take me for!?"
*Says CB stuffing the micromeal packet into the bin*

End of dream scene

I think it'd be okay though... :p :p :D ;)

Inkara1

...but then if you go to the after-dinner shag and he suddenly swells up like a non-purple version of Violet Beauregarde, where would the fun in that be for you?