not fast food...

greenfreak

That would be Cafe Lalo in Manhattan, last weekend. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks ate there in a scene in Who's Got Mail. :D

I had a belgian waffle with fresh strawberry, mango, grapes, canteloupe and honeydew. Real cinnamon whipped cream on top, vermont maple syrup, and a chocolate shake.

I also took home some chocolate-raspberry rugelach and croissants.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Lemme think...

Probably would have been a local place not far from the house we like, over a week ago. If memory serves, I had catfish, fries, salad, and corn bread. That sounds like something I would eat at least, and that's the last meal I recall having from there, so that must be it.

Taking the parents over the mountain via a US Forestry Service road tomorrow to Hot Springs, NC. They have some interesting looking little eateries there, not a single chain establishment either, so that should be fun.

BeardofPants

Film festival on at the moment, so we went to go see "On Dangerous Ground" by the same director who did Rebel without a Cause. After that we went to an indian restaurant and had the hottest vindaloo known to man... oh, it was sooo good. :drool:

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Which release was this? Or was it multiples?

V2.0. V3.0 spent most of his time trying to get to the toilet, and V4.0 was enjoying a jag of some mush or another.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Went to a place in Hot Springs yesterday called Smoky Mountain Diner. Mom and pop place, caters to Appalachian Trail hikers and locals. It was, hands down, the best meal I have had in a restaurant in ages! I had flounder (excellent), but sampled mom's pulled pork BBQ (incredible!) and dad's breaded tenderloin with sawmill gravy (out of this world). I consider myself, and have been told that I am, one of the best cornbread chefs in these or any other parts, but theirs was something to behold. I actually felt sorry for anyone who didn't eat there yesterday, it was that good.

HomeLAN

We were gonna go out tonight, but the buddy V2.0 was going to hang out with is sick.

I hate last minute unpleasant surprises.

chcr

Too cute for words
Went to Panera Bread this AM for a bacon and spinach souffle and a big-ass mocha.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Country ham, grits, red-eye gravy & biscuits, eggs (over easy). All the things I wanted but didn't have toime for.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Took the family to Smoky Mountain Diner in Hot Springs over the weekend. The Appalachian Trail runs right through town, and this place is well-known among hikers for feeding you right. We visit regularly.

Had pulled pork barbecue with green beans, corn nuggets, and onion rings (plus a bit of AE's fried green t'maters), cornbread, and ice cold milk. Ambrosia I tell ya, pure ambrosia.

Professur

I tried to have a 1lb sirloin at Ponderosa on Saturday. Wound up forking half of it over to V2.0, who didn't get as much as she thought out of her bright idea to only get the 'food bar'. "They've got tacos..." yeah, they've got taco shells, and salad. Great move.

BlurOfSerenity

i tried out a place called Cheeburger Cheeburger with UE and my friend linda, they were tasty. they have like a gazillion kinds of milkshakes. i did not get a cheeburger, but i did get a chicken sandwich. quite tasteh.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
A truly great milkshake has to be on the top ten list of life's small treasures. Used to be a place in town that sells that shaved ice stuff, snow cones, whatever you call 'em. Until last summer they'd make a shake in any of those flavors, and they has about 85 of them. They stopped doing that though. The chocolate covered cherry shake was other-worldly good. Now the best they have is peanut butter.