not fast food...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:
Yep, that's what we do as well. No tv meals in this house! :swing:

Way more healthier, anyhoo. :shrug:

I lived for 3 months on TV dinners. Not exactly haute cuisine, but I survived. Besides...they were only $1.00 each at the Commissary, so I stocked up. Since that dreadful time, I've only eaten home-cooked.

BeardofPants

Last night me and the BF went for a brisk walk, and rounded it off at Drakes - an awesome pub. He had a cool tap beer, and I had a long-island ice tea, then we had special coffees with tia maria and frangelico, and a bread and dips to share. Great stuff. It's cool living in the city - can just do something like that on a whim.

unclehobart

BeardofPants said:
Last night me and the BF went for a brisk walk, and rounded it off at Drakes - an awesome pub. He had a cool tap beer, and I had a long-island ice tea, then we had special coffees with tia maria and frangelico, and a bread and dips to share. Great stuff. It's cool living in the city - can just do something like that on a whim.
Being DINKs also helps. (double income no kids)

Inkara1

Update: Odyssey World Cafe in downtown Paso Robles. Had the seafood pasta (fettucine with prawn, calamari, salmon and... umm... another kind of seafood). It was pretty good, but I like the seafood in Morro Bay better.

ClaireBear

Banned
Out again:
(Think I won't be updating every time... I go out for food alot!)

"The Ship Inn"
Hideous "horse brassy, patterned carpet, floral curtained pissy y-fronted old bloke propping up the bar" public house in the next village. Most shockingly owned by a homosexual who is either blind or kidding himself... with decor as bad as that the rest of the gay community should beat him with sticks!

"Penne pollo florentine"
Over cooked cheap pasta... overly herbed plain tomato sauce and chicken breast pieces... a medium portion with a sad slice of tomato and 2 sprigs of parsley plonked on the top... For 6 quid I want my bumps feeling!

Not impressed.

Kawaii

My last restaurant meal was a bunch of sushi at Dragon Palace, Uppsala. Good service, great food.

Stop Laughing

I tried this new place last night, Cafe Mirage. Mostly European foods, and I noticed on the menu they had a couple of appetizers of brain and tongue. I passed on those (boy, that was tough :rolleyes: ) and tried their Friday special, kavarma pot. It's a lot like pot roast but with pork, very tender and delicious.

abooja

I had some gnocchi with pesto at an Italian joint named Dazey's last night. Also tried one mussel with garlicky tomato sauce appetizer, but mussels ain't my thing.

greenfreak

A few weeks ago, Rusty and I went to our favorite restaurant, Duke Falcon's. I had chicken stuffed with a hot sausage/cornbread stuffing drizzled with a raspberry vinagrette sauce with wild rice and steamed vegetables. For dessert, I had a gingerbread apple pie crisp with caramel, caramel ice cream, vanilla ice cream and fresh whipped cream.

I have no idea what Rusty had, he eats too fast. :)

Just this morning, I got a postcard from them in the mail with a coupon for 50% off a second entree. Sounds like we'll be going back sooner than we thought.

BeardofPants

Went out to Prego today with the BF and his parents. Had a yummy pan-seared rare tuna, with potatoes, beans, basil, tomatoes, and aioli.... BF had some butternut pumpkin, walnuts and parpadelle thing.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Me and Ian went out yesterday - OMG how nice. No kids. Went to a used bookstore and poked around. Then we went to Chili's for a build-your-own-burger - I had TONS of guacamole and jalapeno jack on mine... oh yum. Then we went to another bookstore and bought more books and then to a movie (Assault on Precinct 13) and then to London Drugs to buy stuff we didn't need :D

*SIGH*

HomeLAN

Barnacle Phil's on Upper Captiva. Introduced v2.0 to fried clams, and now he wants 'em all the time. This kid has stolen all my favorite bad foods. Twizzlers, fried clams, peanut butter cap'n crunch, he eats it all now, and my diet won't allow me to share. :mad:

ClaireBear

Banned
HomeLAN said:
Barnacle Phil's on Upper Captiva. Introduced v2.0 to fried clams, and now he wants 'em all the time. This kid has stolen all my favorite bad foods. Twizzlers, fried clams, peanut butter cap'n crunch, he eats it all now, and my diet won't allow me to share. :mad:

F**k the diet (unless its for serious medical problems) and have some quality time with him... Hell... a few fried clams now and again...

Says me who's been on a diet for the past 15 months!!!!

BeardofPants

Oh boy, well justice will prevail when he is your age, and has to go on a diet. You can eat it all in front of him then (who cares about dieting when yer a geriatric;))

Went out night before last to Bella in Ponsonby... to celebrate my new job (I got sick of retail, so now I'm gonna be a senior administrator for a union... should be interesting, AND I'm building a GIS for them as part of my dissertation). We both had copious amounts of wine, and I had pasta linguine with chilli prawns, he had gnocchi with gorgonzola. A tirimisu to share. :licklips:

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Barnacle Phil's on Upper Captiva. Introduced v2.0 to fried clams, and now he wants 'em all the time.

Substitute Barnacle Phil's with Joe's crab shack, and fried clams with fried shrimp.