not sure what to make of this one...

catocom

I haven't heard anything yet.
I'm hoping that's a good sign, but in the 'rules' it says if they decide against, or I don't return the paper work
that the petition for the permit will be dropped (and basically shredded)
So I'd have to start over.
I turned the paperwork in a month ahead of the deadline, but now the deadline has past, so I'm
just in kind of a limbo as to what to do atm, but wait.
They originally said it could take 4-6 weeks. I think I'm into about the 4th or 5th.
I'm going to give it until the first of summer, and check on it.

But....no no permit yet.
I still would have bought that little .380 S&W I want, but I've been covered up with
computer work, and buying parts for upgrades.
I'm waiting on all the buy/bank clearing to sort out.

Winky

http://smartgunlaws.org/regulating-...of-federal-state-and-selected-local-gun-laws/
lawl
hah
I've heard of:
Laws imposing waiting periods require that a specified number of days elapse
between the time a firearm is purchased and it is physically transferred to the purchaser.
The purpose of a waiting period is to: (1) give law enforcement officials sufficient time
to perform a background check; and (2) provide a “cooling off” period to help guard against
impulsive acts of violence.

but that's ridiculous

where the heck to you live?
remember I'm out here in the old wild west
we don't got to have no gubermint permission
to arm up
just cash
yosemite.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
cato have you ever undergone mental therapy? that could be the holdup these days.

or maybe they are snooping on you here and are denying it in principle, given that you got hep from blasting/grinding krusty dentures. like, who ends up in that kind of situation? maybe... hookers working for extra cash to support their bastard kids? itinerant beaners?

i'm joking of course. it's probably bureaucratic nonsense, plus an unusually high volume of permits to process.

2minkey

bootlicker
who really cares? he wants a 380 anyway. that's like telling your friends that you are getting a dog, and then showing up with a small, fastidiously groomed poodle.

cato a southern gentleman such as yourself should get a .45. it's more than what is needed, but authoritative and stylish. it's how a distinguished fellow deals with an injured animal, or an itinerant beaner.

Winky

I'm gonna hafta go with minx on this one
WTF?
so what's the dealio here?
do ya have ta get the Lord's approval just cuz ya wanna handgun
(and a Paris Hilton purse dawg handgun at that)
can ya getta real weapon like an AR-15 without beggin' for it?

Seriously where the fuc do you live, Soviet Russia?

Winky

I trained my kid to shoot
he got to be ok with an AR-15
when I got two colt three eighties
(the gubermint model and the mustang)
he shot them and then said:
jeez Dad you'd be better off throwing these things at somebody!

2minkey

bootlicker
like omg you owned a colt mustang? so gay dude. i can't give you too much shit cause my first handgun was a piece of shit. but at least it was a .45. ha ha pussy mouse gun.

catocom

I had 3 mental evaluations in 2000, and deemed fit.
Winky I can buy, w/3 day waiting, I just wanted to see if I could get the 'carry' permit.
I already have a colt 1911 .45, and a s&w 357mag/38 special, not to mention the rifle, and shotgun.

I'm mostly just testing the system, and so far the grade isn't good.

Winky

I also used to have a Chinky SKS (complete with original spike bayonet)
does that make me a Commie?

21ai7x0.jpg

Winky

oh OK whew was I confused

yeah we are allowed to carry concealed here without a permit
It makes SO much sense it's scary
a criminal isn't going to get a permit so why the hell should we?

catocom

one thing the Cato side of my family always stressed and believed in was safety first.
When I wanted to learn to do rural wiring, I took a coarse, half of which was safety.
When I wanted to learn how to weld......ditto
when I wanted a Remington 30.06, I took a high power rifle safety coarse, and subsequently a hand gun safety coarse.
I also took and automotive safety coarse. (mostly for shade tree jobs)
ATM, I'm in the middle of a surveillance and home optical defense coarse.

I know older ladies that never pulled a gun trigger that went right up there and had a carry permit in 10 days.
Now to me that's scary
One reason I want that little .380 is because I'm quite sure if I fired my 1911 with a full metal jacket, it going 'through the target.
That's why I got my 357 with some lower powered 38special loads in it, but I'm still not easy feeling about (if I needed to use it inside)
I have a 22 that needs some work, but I know some pretty big guys that, that would just piss off if you did hit them in the right spot(s).
A .380 would slow most anyone down if not kill, until I could grab something else, even if it's just my sword.

Winky

Hmm well guess since I've been shootin' since I was 7 I never saw a need to git to one of them gun safety courses
and since me pappy taught me tah werk on them thar auto thingies since I was justa wee tot nevah thunk of goin' tah mech-a-neck scrool
OK well I did take flying lessons to get my pilots license but you CAN git yerself kilt doin' that so yeah
but askin' for a permit to have my six gun by my side?

nope, guess that comes from spending all my life in the old west eh?

catocom

well, if you are alone, or maybe with one other person, and you are in the middle of the desert
You might not have to think about the safety issue quite so much, but
if you are shooting a high powered rifle, at a beaver, or turtle in a lake, and there's a subdivision just a ways past that,
you need to know a few things.

Winky

What 'few things' would those be?
is firing a weapon in your part of the country really that different?
as for firing into a 'sub-division' I'm not sure that's advisable anywhere in the world
unless of course, yer in Chicago ;)

catocom

What 'few things' would those be?
is firing a weapon in your part of the country really that different?
as for firing into a 'sub-division' I'm not sure that's advisable anywhere in the world
unless of course, yer in Chicago ;)
mostly how bullets ricochet off different surfaces like water, metals..., and
always thing about what is beyond the target.
How to carry the gun when your walk, especially behind someone else..

but what you don't know won't hurt ya winkster. (maybe someone else, but probably not you)